Team Challenge Rules

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Rick Brown

Sean Fenstermacher
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 81

Team Challenge Rules

Post by Sean Fenstermacher »

Is there any written rules regarding the Team Challenge for clubs to reference?
If so, please upload the pdf to this thread. Thanks!
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 17

Re: Team Challenge Rules

Post by Christine Grice »

A little history for those that don't know....

We used to do only the Team Challenge back in the day, before we had computer programs to generate results and make the index calculations. The post-it note system ruled the world and an explanation of how it worked is a good story if you have a minute. With the advent of computer programs that could talk to the timer head and easily index the event we eventually changed our Team Points system to the Index system you know today. Years later we brought back the Team Challenge as a way to get everyone involved in team points again (not just the national level prima donnas that pop to the top of the PAX listing every event). At the time it was an unofficial competition but apparently we never wrote the rules back into the rule book.

Scouring the internet, I found a link to the 2003 rules
http://www.solo2.com/supp_regs/SCCA_Cal ... s_2003.pdf

The rules that we currently use (John can correct me if I get something wrong) go something like this:
1. Each team picks 5 team members and and alternate.
2. The team gets the points that each person earns in class competition.
3. If a chosen team member doesn't have a class per the standard class rules (3 for open, 2 for ladies) then they earn their average for the team
4. If someone that is picked does not run then the alternate is used in their place.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Sean Fenstermacher
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 81

Re: Team Challenge Rules

Post by Sean Fenstermacher »

Thanks for posting Christine!
Nice find!! It looks like the wording listed from 7.10 and one seem to mix Team Points and Team Challenge though, no?
Guess the "games" were different back then...Maybe John can chime in with some current rules. :)