Event Format, going forward.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Rick Brown

David Barrish
Club: PSCC
Car#: 58

Event Format, going forward.

Post by David Barrish »

I would like to add to the mix a request that 600 numbered cars not run in the first run group.

Having them out of the first group allows for a larger pool of instructors that are not being asked to give up their class runs for points. It also will limit the time differential of runs between point card holders and non point card holders in that first group.

The increased number of instructors will also help with providing a reinforcement of the course elements and provide feedback that could encourage a return to a future event.
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Re: Event Format, going forward.

Post by Anthony P. »

Well we no longer use only 600 numbers for new people as they are free to choose any number. But I thought we had added something about instructors being able to take an average for any event they instruct for the first group, limited to up to 3 events per year. That way they can still collect points and we can have at least 1 instructor available.
David Barrish
Car#: 58

Post by David Barrish »

Anthony, then I would amend my request to "no non points cardholders in the first group". Looking at the event data that you have compiled is detailing "dnf's and cone counts", but attributed to who?

When Lenard is asking for first run instructors I do not remember seeing mention of the instructor ability to receive/take an "average", yet. But having more instruction and ride-a-long capacity could have a positive effect on lowering the frequency of what slows down our events.

We have a group of veterans that drive to the limit( and more), our events help them so they can maintain their edge. Non points card holders are at the other end of the scale, we should be doing a better job of having assets available to decrease the effect of their learning curve.
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Anthony Porta wrote:Well we no longer use only 600 numbers for new people as they are free to choose any number. But I thought we had added something about instructors being able to take an average for any event they instruct for the first group, limited to up to 3 events per year. That way they can still collect points and we can have at least 1 instructor available.
Is that written down somewhere? I remember it being proposed, but I don't remember it ever being voted on.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Anthony P.

Post by Anthony P. »

David Barrish wrote:
We have a group of veterans that drive to the limit( and more), our events help them so they can maintain their edge. Non points card holders are at the other end of the scale, we should be doing a better job of having assets available to decrease the effect of their learning curve.
100% !! I think our ability to offer driver quality development sets us apart from other Motorsports organisations. Im not sure what the answer could be, but generally grouping all the novices in one group leaves us with an entire work group of novices which could create safety issues and might slow down the event if their course working isnt up to par.

I also think more contact with people during their first few events makes it less scary and helping the mid pack people drop times will help keep them coming back for more.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

600 numbers wasn't just "noobs". It was ANY non-points cardholder. You could have a visiting SCCA Driver of Eminence given a 600 number.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Anthony P.

Post by Anthony P. »

Some mention to it here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... k1WQW1NQ2M but only the $5 was voted on, so whatever is in the supps is whats on record.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Leonard Cachola wrote:
Anthony Porta wrote:Well we no longer use only 600 numbers for new people as they are free to choose any number. But I thought we had added something about instructors being able to take an average for any event they instruct for the first group, limited to up to 3 events per year. That way they can still collect points and we can have at least 1 instructor available.
Is that written down somewhere? I remember it being proposed, but I don't remember it ever being voted on.
Pretty sure that was never approved, I sure wouldn't have voted for it. Non-points card holders have a choice of 600 or we added the 1000 series to accommodate people with existing numbers for their cars by adding just a 1. I'm sure Christine would also be against it since it messes up her points keeping. If you notice, the year end results are full of numbers with no names.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Anthony P.

Post by Anthony P. »

Rick Brown wrote:
Leonard Cachola wrote:
Pretty sure that was never approved, I sure wouldn't have voted for it. Non-points card holders have a choice of 600 or we added the 1000 series to accommodate people with existing numbers for their cars by adding just a 1. I'm sure Christine would also be against it since it messes up her points keeping. If you notice, the year end results are full of numbers with no names.
If we did like 20 a day, we could go through all the non-600 numbers on MSR and make them "Place holders".
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Rick Brown wrote:
Leonard Cachola wrote:
Anthony Porta wrote:But I thought we had added something about instructors being able to take an average for any event they instruct for the first group, limited to up to 3 events per year. That way they can still collect points and we can have at least 1 instructor available.
I was referring to the instructor change.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator