Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Michael Palero, Leonard Cachola

User avatar
Rick Brown
Club Representative
Posts: 4630
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:25 am
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240
Location: Lake Elsinore, CA

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Postby Rick Brown » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:32 am

Juan Mauricio wrote:Hello. I'm new to this forum and autocross. I pre-registered for the 14-15 Apr practice and Championship event, and I'm really looking forward to it.

I had a question about what vehicle class I should have selected during registration. I will be driving a 2018 Camaro SS 1LE.

On the '8 Easy Steps' page of Solo2.com website, it says to determine your vehicle's class first and that 'newcomers also run in the Novice class.' Do I select one or the other, or is there a way to indicate both Novice AND my vehicle's class (I was thinking CAM-C)?

Thanks!
Juan

On the page where you select your class, there are two parts, Class and PAX, for class you select Novice, which is an indexed (or PAXed) class, and for PAX you select CAM-C, which adjusts your times relative to others in the class. You can edit your registration in Motorsportreg by logging in and going to your dashboard. If you have any trouble, let me know and I can fix it for you.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...

Juan Mauricio
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:04 am

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Postby Juan Mauricio » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:37 pm

Very helpful. Looks like it's corrected now. Thank you, Rick!

User avatar
Reed Gibson
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:33 pm
Club: SCNAX

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Postby Reed Gibson » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:23 am

Rick Brown wrote:
Juan Mauricio wrote:Hello. I'm new to this forum and autocross. I pre-registered for the 14-15 Apr practice and Championship event, and I'm really looking forward to it.

I had a question about what vehicle class I should have selected during registration. I will be driving a 2018 Camaro SS 1LE.

On the '8 Easy Steps' page of Solo2.com website, it says to determine your vehicle's class first and that 'newcomers also run in the Novice class.' Do I select one or the other, or is there a way to indicate both Novice AND my vehicle's class (I was thinking CAM-C)?

Thanks!
Juan

On the page where you select your class, there are two parts, Class and PAX, for class you select Novice, which is an indexed (or PAXed) class, and for PAX you select CAM-C, which adjusts your times relative to others in the class. You can edit your registration in Motorsportreg by logging in and going to your dashboard. If you have any trouble, let me know and I can fix it for you.


If you car is mostly stock then the V8 1LE would be in AS (V6 is BS). I know the 2018 hasn't been classed yet but I don't think anyone would mind locally.

Juan Mauricio
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:04 am

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Postby Juan Mauricio » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi Reed.

Yes, mine is completely stock. I went ahead and switched to A Street.

Thanks!

Johnny Dy
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:45 am

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Postby Johnny Dy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:19 pm

I'm new to the forum too. Will take note of the details here

nathan vieau
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Postby nathan vieau » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:19 am

1985 VW Golf
1996 GTi VR6 motor/trans/brakes/5lug swap
LSD/HD clutch/light flywheel/close ratio R&P
aftermarket cams/intake/exhaust/chip
KW V1 coilover suspension, aftermarket swaybars/stressbars
no a/c ... no heater
Falken Azenis 205/40/16 tires

thanks!
-Nathan

User avatar
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Posts: 1872
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: CASOC
Car#: 17

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Postby Christine Grice » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:35 pm

nathan vieau wrote:1985 VW Golf
1996 GTi VR6 motor/trans/brakes/5lug swap
LSD/HD clutch/light flywheel/close ratio R&P
aftermarket cams/intake/exhaust/chip
KW V1 coilover suspension, aftermarket swaybars/stressbars
no a/c ... no heater
Falken Azenis 205/40/16 tires

thanks!
-Nathan

SMF

Did you just bypass the heater or did you remove parts from under the dash?
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam

lito ancheta
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Postby lito ancheta » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:00 pm

Apologies as this is a cross post. Will be signing up for the May El Toro event and need the car class info.

Driver - Novice
Car - 1992 Miata 1.6
Previous Owner set up - Cold air intake, headers, exhaust. Suspension: Coilovers
Tires: Dunlop Direzza 2

Thank you.

Lito

User avatar
Craig Naylor
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:30 am
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80
Location: Long Beach

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Postby Craig Naylor » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:12 pm

lito ancheta wrote:Apologies as this is a cross post. Will be signing up for the May El Toro event and need the car class info.
Driver - Novice
Car - 1992 Miata 1.6
Previous Owner set up - Cold air intake, headers, exhaust. Suspension: Coilovers
Tires: Dunlop Direzza 2
Thank you.
Lito


As long as these clarifications are meet:
Cold Air Intake - MAF untouched, and no holes have been cut to route air for the cold air intake...
Exhaust - CAT required (100 cell -minimum)
= STS


Tire STS legal...
Direzza 2...
- Direzza ZII Star Spec maybe?
- Older 140 (TW) - technically no, but as a Novice no one will likley care
- current 200 (TW) - Yes

lito ancheta
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Postby lito ancheta » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:45 am

Hi Craig,

Yes MAF is untouched.
Catalytic intact.
Tires are Direzza z2 Star Spec
Treadwear 200

STS class it is.

Thank you.


Return to “New to Autocross/New to the Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests