Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

User avatar
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Posts: 4972
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:25 am
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240
Location: Lake Elsinore, CA

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Post by Rick Brown » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:27 pm

David Davilas wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:14 pm
Hello guys, trying to figure out what class I am so i can order some lettering and numbers.

I have a 2004 350z with aftermarket wheels, coilovers, intake and exhaust. I registered for sunday as a novice since its my first event.
STU. I've updated your MSR registration for you.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...

David Davilas
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:07 pm

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Post by David Davilas » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:55 pm

Rick Brown wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:27 pm
David Davilas wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:14 pm
Hello guys, trying to figure out what class I am so i can order some lettering and numbers.

I have a 2004 350z with aftermarket wheels, coilovers, intake and exhaust. I registered for sunday as a novice since its my first event.
STU. I've updated your MSR registration for you.

Great! Thank you. How do I know what numbers are available? If I were to just order 3 digits its likely I would be able to arrange them in an order? for example 236 326 623 632 263 etc....

User avatar
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Posts: 4972
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:25 am
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240
Location: Lake Elsinore, CA

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Post by Rick Brown » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:29 am

David Davilas wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:55 pm
Rick Brown wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:27 pm
David Davilas wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:14 pm
Hello guys, trying to figure out what class I am so i can order some lettering and numbers.

I have a 2004 350z with aftermarket wheels, coilovers, intake and exhaust. I registered for sunday as a novice since its my first event.
STU. I've updated your MSR registration for you.

Great! Thank you. How do I know what numbers are available? If I were to just order 3 digits its likely I would be able to arrange them in an order? for example 236 326 623 632 263 etc....
Go to our homepage (click logo above), then click Members, then Points Card Listings. Note 600 range numbers are reserved for guests at events and cannot be used as a permanent number. Once you find an available number go to https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/ca ... cca-854016 to request your number.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...

User avatar
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:30 am
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Post by Anthony P. » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:50 am

Rick Brown wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:29 am
David Davilas wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:55 pm
Rick Brown wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:27 pm

STU. I've updated your MSR registration for you.

Great! Thank you. How do I know what numbers are available? If I were to just order 3 digits its likely I would be able to arrange them in an order? for example 236 326 623 632 263 etc....
Go to our homepage (click logo above), then click Members, then Points Card Listings. Note 600 range numbers are reserved for guests at events and cannot be used as a permanent number. Once you find an available number go to https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/ca ... cca-854016 to request your number.
You can also go to that link and click entry list, then click o the # sign to sort by numbers and you can see what has been purchased.

David Davilas
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:07 pm

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Post by David Davilas » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:24 pm

great thank you for the help, can anyone pm me their name and member ID, might as well create my scca membership now

Daryll Parker
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:49 am

New to autocross

Post by Daryll Parker » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:29 pm

Hi, I will be participating in my first ever autocross event this coming Sept. Can anyone help me class my car. I drive a Subaru WRX 2016 base. The car is completely stock other than some new tires i put on it.

User avatar
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Posts: 4972
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:25 am
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240
Location: Lake Elsinore, CA

Re: New to autocross

Post by Rick Brown » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:55 pm

Daryll Parker wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:29 pm
Hi, I will be participating in my first ever autocross event this coming Sept. Can anyone help me class my car. I drive a Subaru WRX 2016 base. The car is completely stock other than some new tires i put on it.
D Street (DS) Assuming the tires have a wear index of at least 200.
You have the option of running in the Novice Class, with a DS index. You run at the same time as other DS cars, but are classed in the results with other Novices. The run order will be published the week of the event. Other details are on MotorsportReg where you register for the event. Details
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...

David Davilas
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:07 pm

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Post by David Davilas » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:47 am

I am considering getting a Carbon fiber hood, would that move me from STU to street modified?

User avatar
Reed Gibson
Executive Board Member
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:33 pm
Club: SCNAX

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Post by Reed Gibson » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:25 am

David Davilas wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:47 am
I am considering getting a Carbon fiber hood, would that move me from STU to street modified?
By the rulebook yes that would make you a Street Mod car but seeing as you probably aren't going to suddenly buy Hoosiers and start cutting body panels I wouldn't worry about staying in STU (where your car really aligns) locally. No one should complain ... unless you start beating everyone :lol:

David Davilas
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:07 pm

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Post by David Davilas » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:44 pm

Reed Gibson wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:25 am
David Davilas wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:47 am
I am considering getting a Carbon fiber hood, would that move me from STU to street modified?
By the rulebook yes that would make you a Street Mod car but seeing as you probably aren't going to suddenly buy Hoosiers and start cutting body panels I wouldn't worry about staying in STU (where your car really aligns) locally. No one should complain ... unless you start beating everyone :lol:
lol no way I start beating people I am a complete noobie when it comes to this, I bought my decals for STU and just got them i also did order a cf hood its on the way hopefully I can stay in STU as I just bought those decals everything else about my car is STU I even still have a stock clutch

Post Reply