Insurance Coverage

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Daryl Slawnikowski
Club: PSCC
Car#: 156

Insurance Coverage

Post by Daryl Slawnikowski »

When I sent an email, that I sent a check for the Post Turkey Practice Shootout, A responce came back that: “However, every driver needs to have paid insurance for the day, which I think is around $10, but I'm not sure of the exact number. You would pay that on the day.” (I don’t know how to do the highlighted quote thing)

I went to the SCCA main page and found only this on insurance:
SCCA/SCCA PRO Master Insurance Plan 2008 - Summary of SCCA Participant Accident Coverage
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, - ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT

Did I miss something?

Both Ozzie and I have signed up and have our SCCA membership numbers. Is there some type of insurance cover we need to purchase.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Re: Insurance Coverage

Post by KJ Christopher »

I'm a bit confused, but I believe the charges you are referring to are the insurance/sanction fees that the club has to pay for the weekend (although I believe the coverage is actually a week). Those fees are $10 per head and come out of the entrant fees for the events. You don't have to pay an extra $10 when you show up above what is charged for the event.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

It was worded badly.

Its a local thing, not anything SCCA will help you with.

We passed a rule that practice entries can be shared with another driver, but we charge a $10 fee to cover sanction/insurance costs. Those fees are charged to us, by the driver not the car. Now those fees are also by the weekend not the day. So, if you're running in the championship, we don't get billed twice. But the thought was it was too hard to track people down if they didn't show Sunday and such. Easier just to pass a $10 rule and get on with life.

One of the reasons we passed the rule is because some clubs didn't want to deal with it or more likely didn't fully understand it, so in the great tradition of human beings are generally assholes, they just said NO. Go away! Get out! So, charging you extra is more friendly in the long run.... Go figure. :)
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Daryl,

Did you ask to share an entry between you and Ozzie? If so, the response is telling you there's an additional $10 you have to pay for that. The SCCA charges us $9.75+ per driver - at least right now - for sanction and insurance fees.

Mike
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Oh, the shared entry. That makes sense then.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Daryl Slawnikowski
Club: PSCC
Car#: 156

Post by Daryl Slawnikowski »

Thanks, sorry I didn't explain in the original post that we were going to share the ride. We were going to try and run both the scirocco's, but I need to control the spending.