Question about signing up for an event

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Jamie Lessie

Question about signing up for an event

Post by Jamie Lessie »

So I send the check and show up? It seems odd to me. For the ladies school there was a number to call to verify. How do I know there are spots left? How do I know the "cut off" date has not passed?

I would really like to go to this event:
http://www.solo2.com/eventpage.asp?eid=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;{87FE3C98-70D3-498E-AA70-057E816967D3}

but I read somewhere that there is a 2 week cutoff. Could I still send it overnight on Monday and get in the event? I would call the event coordinator and ask but there is no number for him/her.

Also it states that "Send points card number, payment and co-driver info, if applicable, to:" are both the points cards and co-driver "if applicable" or do I need a points card and just the co-driver "if applicable"

Sorry for all the questions and thanks again for everyone help.

Jamie
http://www.freewebs.com/rotaryinfo/bewa ... rotary.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jamie Lessie

Re: Question about signing up for an event

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Also, can I share a car with another driver? If so will I get half the runs everybody else gets?
http://www.freewebs.com/rotaryinfo/bewa ... rotary.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Jamie Lessie wrote:So I send the check and show up? It seems odd to me. For the ladies school there was a number to call to verify. How do I know there are spots left? How do I know the "cut off" date has not passed?

I would really like to go to this event:
http://www.solo2.com/eventpage.asp?eid=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;{87FE3C98-70D3-498E-AA70-057E816967D3}

but I read somewhere that there is a 2 week cutoff. Could I still send it overnight on Monday and get in the event? I would call the event coordinator and ask but there is no number for him/her.

Also it states that "Send points card number, payment and co-driver info, if applicable, to:" are both the points cards and co-driver "if applicable" or do I need a points card and just the co-driver "if applicable"

Sorry for all the questions and thanks again for everyone help.

Jamie
Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the pics of the car. Very nice.

As for your questions, send a check for your entry ASAP. No need to overnight it. The entry list will be posted on the forums in advance of the event. No guarantees that you'll get in, but it is highly likely. Since you don't have a points card, don't worry about that. List a co-driver if you have one. If you want to split one entry with your co-driver, add $10 to the single entry fee. In this case you will split the runs. If you both pay full price, you will each get a full set of runs, usually around 12. See you Saturday.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Jamie Lessie wrote:Also, can I share a car with another driver? If so will I get half the runs everybody else gets?
Hey Jamie. I'm they tall guy who was looking at your car at the end of the ladies school event. I also happen to be the Event Master for the upcoming event.

The link you gave was too the practice. These are usually set up on either a first come, first serve basis or some type of lottery system. Sometimes the method is completely unidentifiable. Suffice it to say, they are usually harder to get in due to the low entry cap. I'm not sure how Mike is handling the 'selection process' this time, but this event will probably be easier to get into due to the late posting of the flyer, being December, etc. Send Mike Simanyi a PM to let him know you're sending a check. Don't worry about overnighting it.

WRT your co-driver question, yes it is allowed and you will split runs. However, your total entry will increase by $10 to cover the additional sanction costs. Of course, if your friend happen to drive a T1 Corvette, drive that instead of your RX7 and you'll be at the same net cost!
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

When I'm the reg person I refuse Express Mail packages.

USPS makes me go to the special post office in the bad part of town to pick up your entry. I did it the first ten times. NEVER again. Same goes for Curt is the reg guy.

Not being unfriendly, just explaining..... DO NOT EXPRESS MAIL!!!!!
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Also the norm is to pay two entries and get two full sets of runs with a co-driver. Splitting is also allowed as was explained. I just wanted to emphasize that the norm is two entries not splitting. That often gets confused.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

KJ Christopher wrote:
Jamie Lessie wrote:Also, can I share a car with another driver? If so will I get half the runs everybody else gets?
Hey Jamie. I'm they tall guy who was looking at your car at the end of the ladies school event. I also happen to be the Event Master for the upcoming event.

The link you gave was too the practice. These are usually set up on either a first come, first serve basis or some type of lottery system. Sometimes the method is completely unidentifiable. Suffice it to say, they are usually harder to get in due to the low entry cap. I'm not sure how Mike is handling the 'selection process' this time, but this event will probably be easier to get into due to the late posting of the flyer, being December, etc. Send Mike Simanyi a PM to let him know you're sending a check. Don't worry about overnighting it.

WRT your co-driver question, yes it is allowed and you will split runs. However, your total entry will increase by $10 to cover the additional sanction costs. Of course, if your friend happen to drive a T1 Corvette, drive that instead of your RX7 and you'll be at the same net cost!
I sent him a PM. Hopefully I can get into this one. Thank you for the advice!
Steve Ekstrand wrote:Also the norm is to pay two entries and get two full sets of runs with a co-driver. Splitting is also allowed as was explained. I just wanted to emphasize that the norm is two entries not splitting. That often gets confused.
So the norm is two entries that share the same car to get a full set of runs? Not splitting the runs? I want both of us to get the full amount of runs even though we are sharing a car.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

My wife and I share one car and each enter and get our own full set of runs. Our friends, the Rios have a similar car and prefer to split.

Your choice, either is fine.

Also, go ahead and send a check today. Don't wait to hear on the pm. Typically there is some priority given to when the checks arrive or are postmarked. Closer to the event the reg chief will post a list of entries.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Splitting an entry means you also get to split the work assignment.
Last edited by Mako Koiwai on Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Mako Koiwai wrote:But sometimes couples, including the Rio's split entries. I believe you also get to split the work assignment also.

Did you read anything I wrote? Its hopeless trying to explain anything here........
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

I sent the check. The post office said it would be there Monday. Hopefully I will see you all there!

Another question:

My boyfriend wants to take my MR2. The event flyer stated; Closed exhaust - maximum 95db @ 50 ft. We have a disable meter and am going to test it on Sunday. Is it ok to run with a er... semi-open exhaust if it is under 95dp @50 feet?
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Jamie Lessie wrote:I sent the check. The post office said it would be there Monday. Hopefully I will see you all there!

Another question:

My boyfriend wants to take my MR2. The event flyer stated; Closed exhaust - maximum 95db @ 50 ft. We have a disable meter and am going to test it on Sunday. Is it ok to run with a er... semi-open exhaust if it is under 95dp @50 feet?
Yes, that is fine. We're not concerned too much with the make up, as long as the result is under 95db @ 50 ft.
So the norm is two entries that share the same car to get a full set of runs? Not splitting the runs? I want both of us to get the full amount of runs even though we are sharing a car.
Yes, the norm is to share a car with two full entries. We just put you in different run groups. But there are some that prefer to split. I still need all the seat time I can get. And even if I didn't, I still wouldn't give up the fun.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:When I'm the reg person I refuse Express Mail packages.

USPS makes me go to the special post office in the bad part of town to pick up your entry. I did it the first ten times. NEVER again. Same goes for Curt is the reg guy.

AGREED...as this goes for points cards as well (for those who still use the U.S. Mail).
Curt Luther
Club: PSCC
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

Post by Curt Luther »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:When I'm the reg person I refuse Express Mail packages.

It was all good until the Mrs. Rev. Dr. Luther went down to pick up mail she thought was for her and it turned out to be an entry request. That's when it all went to hell at Luther Manor...
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.