Minor information help

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Jamie Lessie

Minor information help

Post by Jamie Lessie »

I would like to bring my brother to Saturdays event. He is a minor. Is this the proper release form?

http://www.scca.com/documents/insurance ... 20MS-L.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does it need to be notarized?

Thanks

Jamie
http://www.freewebs.com/rotaryinfo/bewa ... rotary.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: Minor information help

Post by Rick Brown »

Jamie Lessie wrote:I would like to bring my brother to Saturdays event. He is a minor. Is this the proper release form?

http://www.scca.com/documents/insurance ... 20MS-L.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks

Jamie
Yes, correct form. It needs to be signed by both parents and notorized if neither is attending the event.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Rick Brown wrote:
Jamie Lessie wrote:I would like to bring my brother to Saturdays event. He is a minor. Is this the proper release form?

Thanks

Jamie
Yes, correct form. It needs to be signed by both parents and notorized if neither is attending the event.
Can we bring the form to the event or do we have to send it with the check?
http://www.freewebs.com/rotaryinfo/bewa ... rotary.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Curt Luther
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

Post by Curt Luther »

Jamie Lessie wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:

Thanks

Jamie
Can we bring the form to the event or do we have to send it with the check?
You'll need to bring it.

On edit, if you bring the form, how many copies would they need to bring? Don't they need to keep a signed copy by the gate person?
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.
Michael Contour
Car#: 176

Post by Michael Contour »

San Diego received a "minor" clarification from the national office:

-Only need one signature if the minor is just observing the event.
-Need two signatures (one + 1 notarized is OK) if the minor is a passenger in a car or competing in a junior kart
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Curt Luther wrote: On edit, if you bring the form, how many copies would they need to bring? Don't they need to keep a signed copy by the gate person?
bring two copies. We will keep one and you will keep the copy. It's good for a year. If you lose your copy, the process starts over.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Jamie,

How old is the minor in question?

Mike
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

My brother is 17. I would love for him to drive the autocross with us.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Is it good for 12 months? I thought it was good per the season? Meaning we need new ones for 2009.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Curt Luther
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

Post by Curt Luther »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Is it good for 12 months? I thought it was good per the season? Meaning we need new ones for 2009.
I just got Shelly's waiver out of the car. It doesn't say how long it is good for but it does say that the commission of the event official expires on 01/09.
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Key thing.... On the space for "Event" put in
2008-2009 SCCA events.

Then we'll figure out at some point if we can accept it for 2009.

Commission of the official shouldn't matter as ong as it was valid at the time of signing.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Key thing.... On the space for "Event" put in
2008-2009 SCCA events.

Then we'll figure out at some point if we can accept it for 2009.

Commission of the official shouldn't matter as ong as it was valid at the time of signing.
Will do.

Thanks!

Jamie
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Jamie Lessie wrote:My brother is 17. I would love for him to drive the autocross with us.
In that case, both parents' signatures will need to be on the form. If they aren't signing at the track, both signatures can be notarized.

Mike
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Mike Simanyi wrote:
Jamie Lessie wrote:My brother is 17. I would love for him to drive the autocross with us.
In that case, both parents' signatures will need to be on the form. If they aren't signing at the track, both signatures can be notarized.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I will get it done.

I sent you the check just now. I over-nighted it just like the last one but for some reason they made me put it in an big envelope this time. It will be there by noon tomorrow.
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair

Post by Mike Simanyi »

That over night thing may not work. If they require me to go to the post office to pick it up, I may not have the opportunity to do that.

If it's still in your outgoing mailbox, I suggest grabbing it and using regular postage. Or you can drop it off at my home address if you're anywhere near Tustin (next to Irvine).

Mike
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Mike Simanyi wrote:That over night thing may not work. If they require me to go to the post office to pick it up, I may not have the opportunity to do that.

If it's still in your outgoing mailbox, I suggest grabbing it and using regular postage. Or you can drop it off at my home address if you're anywhere near Tustin (next to Irvine).

Mike
I already sent it. It is the same way I used last time they just, for some reason made me put it in a bigger envelope.

Could I paypal you?
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Is it good for 12 months? I thought it was good per the season? Meaning we need new ones for 2009.
Good point. I guess it depends on who signed it and what dates they put.
kj
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

KJ Christopher wrote:
Good point. I guess it depends on who signed it and what dates they put.

Can I just bring two? One with 2008 and one 2009?
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Fine with me. But bring two of each year. We have to keep one an you will want the copy to bring back to future events.
kj
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I don't see how doing it twice at the same time changes anything.

How about....

"ALL SCCA EVENTS from Dec XX, 2008 through Dec XX, 2009"

If it is good for up to 12 months dependent on the description, that would cover it.

We've only ever dealt with the situation and been given examples that are within a season. So, we'll need to check on the procedure from Topeka, who remember is making this up as they go. That's not a chop, or a derisive comment.... Its just the reality we live with... :?

I think we have some discretion over the process, so I don't see how 12 months forward in Janaury is any different legally than 12 months forward in December. So, I'd say word as I described above and we go with it.

Also, we can sub out the notary issue if either the parents show up, or if we have a trusted and known SCCA member local to you that they could sign in front of.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:I don't see how doing it twice at the same time changes anything.

How about....

"ALL SCCA EVENTS from Dec XX, 2008 through Dec XX, 2009"

If it is good for up to 12 months dependent on the description, that would cover it.

We've only ever dealt with the situation and been given examples that are within a season. So, we'll need to check on the procedure from Topeka, who remember is making this up as they go. That's not a chop, or a derisive comment.... Its just the reality we live with... :?

I think we have some discretion over the process, so I don't see how 12 months forward in Janaury is any different legally than 12 months forward in December. So, I'd say word as I described above and we go with it.
Ill do that.
Steve Ekstrand wrote:Also, we can sub out the notary issue if either the parents show up, or if we have a trusted and known SCCA member local to you that they could sign in front of.
That is too much to ask. You guys are already too nice to me. I want to bake you a cake or something. :D