When and Where our Events are Held!

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 18

When and Where our Events are Held!

Post by Michael Palero »

Our Event Schedule is posted here:

http://www.Solo2.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the front page, you will see a box labeled "Upcoming Events" displaying our next 4 events.

Alternatively, the whole year's schedule can be viewed by navigating to the CALENDAR link on the left navigation bar or by following this link:
http://solo2.com/EventCalendar.asp

2011/5/27
Last edited by Michael Palero on Fri May 27, 2011 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Christen Williams

Re: When and Where our Events are Held!

Post by Christen Williams »

Could somebody help me with some contact details for the club practice events , l would like to attend some . Thank you
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

christen williams wrote:Could somebody help me with some contact details for the club practice events , l would like to attend some . Thank you
Please see the first post above stating to go to the main site. There you'll see the NEWBIE / GUIDE INTRODUCTION section with a link to a file called "Who We Are". That should answer MOST of your questions, especially about practices.
Chuck Fowler
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 299

Post by Chuck Fowler »

christen williams wrote:Could somebody help me with some contact details for the club practice events , l would like to attend some . Thank you
the next practice is july 25. like the rest of us, you need to keep checking the calender page to see when registration opens, and how to apply for it.
good luck :thumbup:
it's only paranoia if your wrong
Dennis R. Brown, DDS
Club: CASOC
Car#: 312

Post by Dennis R. Brown, DDS »

Christen, you need to watch the Upcoming Events page to watch when an Event, Championship or Practice, become available. The thing I have noticed is that you want to start watching the "Upcoming Events" section about 1 month before the event is scheduled to start. It seems that the registration turns from "Incomplete Flyer" to an open link to registration at or around the 30-days prior to the event. Unlike the Championship Event, which can be registered for online via axwaresystems.com/axorm/calander_main.pcp, the practice most be registered via snail mail and check sent to the people coordinating the event. Practices are very limited as far the number of participants allowed to compete for the day's event. Registration for practices is given first to members of the Club sponsoring the practice. Depending on which club you end up being assigned or choose to join will also determine if you will be invited to the practice. After the club members join a practice, the others (non-members of that club) chosen to participate will be done on a first-come-first-served basis. In other words, the sooner you get your check in to the club sponsoring the practice, the better your chance of success. Practices are a great format because the number of drivers present (small) will allow you to get more practice runs (10-12, which is the goal of the upcoming CASOC event on July 25th. Since I am a CASOC member, I should, I hope be guaranteed a spot in the event. I sent my check off the day after the event registration opened. I hope that answered your question.
DocBrown
http://push.pickensplan.com/profile/DrDennisRBrown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm the one driving the "overbloated bling ride"!!!!
My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Dennis R. Brown, DDS wrote: Since I am a CASOC member, I should, I hope be guaranteed a spot in the event. I sent my check off the day after the event registration opened. I hope that answered your question.
You probably wanna get on the CASOC board and post that you want in, and if you have a guest. ;)
Suren Yegiazaryan

Post by Suren Yegiazaryan »

Where is the entrance to El Toro Airfield?

I found an address that looked like it would lead me to the front of the Airfield.

Is this correct? (check star on map)

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Irvin ... de=ADDRESS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Suren Yegiazaryan wrote:Where is the entrance to El Toro Airfield?

I found an address that looked like it would lead me to the front of the Airfield.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Irvin ... de=ADDRESS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Suren Yegiazaryan wrote:Where is the entrance to El Toro Airfield?

No, you exit the 5 at Sand Canyon. If coming from the south, turn right, then immediate left on Marine Way.
From the north, turn left, then right as soon as you go under the freeway. Marine way ends at the entrance to El Toro. Turn right, follow signs to AMCI.

EDIT: :unimpressed: Too slow........
Last edited by Rick Brown on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Kristoffer Gjevre

Post by Kristoffer Gjevre »

fixed it for you (image with directions is correct)
Rick Brown wrote: No, you exit the 5 at Sand Canyon. If coming from the south, turn right, then immediate left on Marine Way.
From the north, turn left, then right as soon as you go under the freeway. Marine way ends at the entrance to El Toro. Turn right, follow signs to AMCI.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Kristoffer Gjevre wrote:fixed it for you (image with directions is correct)
Rick Brown wrote: No, you exit the 5 at Sand Canyon. If coming from the south, turn right, then immediate left on Marine Way.
Guess I can't multi-task as well as I thought..............
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Suren Yegiazaryan

Post by Suren Yegiazaryan »

Thanks. :thumbup:
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

many maniyaa wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:40 am

These are specialy drown for those which are effectively done towards the enclosure
What a coincidence.....I was just thinking this!
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head