Applying prior events' points (Novice)

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Byron Goodman
Car#: 757

Applying prior events' points (Novice)

Post by Byron Goodman »

Hi All,
I PMed a message to see if I could get points applied from the Feb 13 event now that I have points card (#757). Since there is a 60 day limit that my potential points can be applied, and the fact that there is but a few days left before this opportunity expires, I want to try all options to see if I can get points...

At this point, I am unsure if I scored points in that event... If that is the case, well I understand.... :cry:
Also, can someone give me a link that explains how the scoring and points are awarded? I looked through the rules, which talked about some of the scoring, but not enough that I understand.

Thanks in advance
Byron
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Re: Applying prior events' points (Novice)

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Hi Byron. Glad to hear you got a points card and plan to come play with us more! Per our region's supplemental regulations (which are located at http://www.solo2.com/supp_regs/SCCA_Cal ... s_2011.pdf for future reference, drivers points are calculated as Driver’s Points = 100 – 400 [(Drivers Time – Winning Time) / Winning Time]. Unless you did not start (DNS'd) or did not finish (DNF'd), you earned points.

Edit: given that we have a timestamp showing that you've requested your times, I don't think there will be a problem.
Last edited by Kurt Rahn on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: Applying prior events' points (Novice)

Post by Rick Brown »

Kurt Ra wrote:Hi Bryon. Glad to hear you got a points card and plan to come play with us more! Per our region's supplemental regulations (which are located at http://www.solo2.com/supp_regs/SCCA_Cal ... s_2011.pdf for future reference, drivers points are calculated as Driver’s Points = 100 – 400 [(Drivers Time – Winning Time) / Winning Time]. Unless you did not start (DNS'd) or did not finish (DNF'd), you earned points.

Edit: given that we have a timestamp showing that you've requested your times, I don't think there will be a problem.
Actually you don't get points for just being there. The 400 in the formula is the number that determines what percentage of the winning time you have to have to get points.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...