New to California and a thank you!

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Gabriel Davila-Ruiz

New to California and a thank you!

Post by Gabriel Davila-Ruiz »

Hello everyone,

My name is Gabe and I was at the ProSOLO in El Toro this past weekend running Kinch Reindl's black ST Civic from Colorado. First, a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who offered advice and help during our big troubles. For those that weren't there or didn't know, during practice starts we ripped the CV boot, so we changed the axle, then on Saturday morning on my 3rd run of the morning we blew the head gasket. We got it all changed out and were able to run it on Sunday for our final 4 runs. And we drove it the 1100 miles back to CO and it ran perfectly with no leaks or issues (besides getting pulled over at 4 am for leaving the high beams on by mistake).

Also, I am currently living in Colorado but I just accepted a job offer in California. It is in the Valencia/Santa Clarita area. I am moving out that way May 10th and am looking forward to some of the upcoming events! I am still reading and trying to understand how your club runs events with the points cards, but I think I will be able to figure it out. It was great to meet those of you that I did and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Gabe
Eric Clements
Solo Safety Steward
Club: No$
Car#: 30

Re: New to California and a thank you!

Post by Eric Clements »

Welcome to the land of year-round autocrossing. The mountains are toward the east the ocean is to the west and it's not going to rain at 3:30 in the afternoon :D
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Gabriel Davila-Ruiz wrote:I am still reading and trying to understand how your club runs events with the points cards, but I think I will be able to figure it out.
Hi Gabe, I'm the points card membership chairman. Basically a points card number guarantees you that number for the calendar year on your car and points are tracked with that number. Thus you are competing year round for the trophy or WINNER's jacket in your class and possibly OVERALL winner for the region. You pick a club you want to join or for your 1st year, you can choose the NO CLUB option then as you get to know poeple in our region, then the following year switch to a club you like.

Welcome to Cali, the land (as my fellow PSCC member Eric said) of year-round autocrossing. You'll be a bit far from our 2 locations (Valencia/Santa Clarita) but compared to coming from Colorado, it's like you're next door! :) There a few members that live out by you so they do the commute to our events at El Toro in Irvine or Auto Club Speedway in Fontana.

Hope that helps.
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Probably not much closer, but there are a couple of AX's at Camarillo airport during the year. Their next one however conflicts with our schedule