Driver's seat

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Tim Doran

Driver's seat

Post by Tim Doran »

My car (68 Porsche) has the stock lowback vinyl bucket seats...not optimal for a/x I found. What is a good budget seat, who sells them, anything else I should know? Thanks

Also what about a crossbar for 5pt harness, using a Simpson lapbelt now, the 40 year old stockers just didn't look safe...
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Re: Driver's seat

Post by Arthur Grant »

I highly recommend the Corbeau A4 series seat. GRC in Mission Viejo has them, as well as one of the vendors that came out and supported us at the divisionals. This it was Lifestyle Racing but am not sure.
Steve Towers
Club: No$
Car#: 87

Post by Steve Towers »

Yea it's Lifestyle Racing. I think they have a website lifestyleracing.com. Steve Eguina is the guy. He'll be at El Toro Aug 21 with the Porsche folks.
John Fendel
Club: CASOC
Car#: 23

Post by John Fendel »

Yea it's Lifestyle Racing. I think they have a website lifestyleracing.com. Steve Eguina is the guy. He'll be at El Toro Aug 21 with the Porsche folks.
Steve may be at our event on Aug 14.
#ALSaware, GRC Performance, Red Line Oil
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Steve Towers wrote:Yea it's Lifestyle Racing. I think they have a website lifestyleracing.com. Steve Eguina is the guy. He'll be at El Toro Aug 21 with the Porsche folks.
Steve Eguina is also one of our paying sponsors (see logo atop the forums). So if you wait for the logo to appear (as it rotates with all our other sponsors), then click on it through there, so he knows you came to his website via our forums.
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

btw. Tim is the Chevy/Corvette mechanic Supreme from Cormier Chevrolet ... who helped us with Karen's Vette last year. :thumbup:
Richard Jung
Club: PSCC
Car#: 71

Post by Richard Jung »

Steve Towers wrote:Yea it's Lifestyle Racing. I think they have a website lifestyleracing.com. Steve Eguina is the guy. He'll be at El Toro Aug 21 with the Porsche folks.
It's " RacingLifestyle.com ", talk to Steve 714 656-8793. He also carries Sparco and Momo.

Rick
Tim Doran

Post by Tim Doran »

Mako to wrote:btw. Tim is the Chevy/Corvette mechanic Supreme from Cormier Chevrolet ... who helped us with Karen's Vette last year. :thumbup:
Awe shucks, Mako... :oops:

Thanks, the Corbeaus look to be in my price range, Swmbo is getting her saddle fitted to her new horse, so I have some bargaining power :mrgreen:

For the shoulderbelts, are the openings in the seat sufficient to support them, or do I need the crossbar that I have seen in some cars?
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

You don't want the belts to form more then a I believe 90 degree angle down to their attachment points. If you can't do that, then a harness bar is safer.