Stcok class rules question

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Lyle Herbert

Stcok class rules question

Post by Lyle Herbert »

Hi Folks,

I'm recently retired and am considering (strongly) getting into Solo. My only esperience with Solo was last July 29-31 at PPIR where I co-drove with my brother. While I'm at least a year away from buying, I'm researching and looking at Miatas '94-'97. This will be a very low buck deal for me. So here's my question. Does "Standard equipment" mean standard to that model year ('94, '95, etc.), series (NA/NB) or standard to that specific car? Eample: If I find a '95 base model with an open diff. can I install a junk yard Torsen and remain legal? Another example: Since the '95 "M" came with 15x6 wheels can I run 15x6 on a '95 base edition?

Thanks,
Lyle
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Re: Stcok class rules question

Post by KJ Christopher »

You may build a car as it could have been bought. If that torsen was optional in the 94, you may install it, but you must also install any thing else that would have come with it. So, if the torsen was only available as a package, the rest of the package components would also need to be installed. Same applies for wheel sizes.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Search MIATA here and you'll find a number of threads and links to Which Miata besides some GREAT deals on locally available Solo prepped Miatas.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/mazda-miata/

Downloadable Stock Rules: http://www.scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=61

... but we also have in our region both a Run What You Brung class and a very popular Stock Class on Street Tire class: SK2

Come out to El Toro this weekend ... free rides on Saturday ... and talk up the Miata drivers.

You can't go wrong with a Miata ... we have two of them :thumbup:
Lyle Herbert

Post by Lyle Herbert »

Thanks KC & Mako. That clears up my confusion and will help with my shopping :D . Those are also the quickest responses I have ever gotten on a web forum.

Lyle