Novice Drivers, CoDriving & Half ass Cover Jobs

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Brad Roberts
Car#: 0

Re: Novice Drivers, CoDriving & Half ass Cover Jobs

Post by Brad Roberts »

How about a course map telling corner workers WHERE turn 1 is?

How about fire extinguishers at each station?

Just some of the things I noticed at NOTLD Image

The 3 line gig at signup had ALL newbies confused. How about we *help* them. Like MickeyD's does?? They GO out into the line and start working the line getting people's "orders" ??

I think it went very well for the amount of people processed... I just think the lack of communication amongst the "newbies" was lacking.

B
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Brad Roberts wrote:The 3 line gig at signup had ALL newbies confused. How about we *help* them. Like MickeyD's does?? They GO out into the line and start working the line getting people's "orders" ??
Unfortunately, the lines seem confusing to veterans, too - seems that way every event. Some signage might help, but a wrangler might be more effective (someone who directs everyone which line to go into, newbies and vets alike).
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Yeah, I didn't figure it out either. I started halfway through the process and had to go back to the start.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Bob Pl
Club: GRA
Car#: 26

Post by Bob Pl »

Brad Roberts wrote:How about a course map telling corner workers WHERE turn 1 is?

How about fire extinguishers at each station?

Just some of the things I noticed at NOTLD Image

The 3 line gig at signup had ALL newbies confused. How about we *help* them. Like MickeyD's does?? They GO out into the line and start working the line getting people's "orders" ??

I think it went very well for the amount of people processed... I just think the lack of communication amongst the "newbies" was lacking.

B
I agree w/ Brad. I love that CSCC does online pre registration, but it's always a mystery which line you get in if you are preregistered. Each club sets the table up differently.

:)