cost

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Jefff Lazo

cost

Post by Jefff Lazo »

hi, i was wondering how much it would be to run at the california speedway event. also,is any experience required? thanks
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Re: cost

Post by George Schilling »

Jefff Lazo wrote:hi, i was wondering how much it would be to run at the california speedway event. also,is any experience required? thanks

Hi Jeff. You be happy to know that no experience is required. For more information what to expect and costs, click on the CSCC SOLO link in the upper left hand corner of this page. This will take you to our main site where you'll find newbie and event information. As of this writing, the flyers have not been completed for the upcoming events. That is where you'll find details such as pricing for those events. They should be completed any day now. We'd love to have you join us.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Looking to 'Past Events' link, like June or before, will show you what the typical flyer, costs, info looks like.

Jay W
Jefff Lazo

Post by Jefff Lazo »

ok cool. thanks. i was also wondering if there are any other events where a person just goes to some random empty parking lot to set up some cones? i dont think i can really wait until the one at california speedway. haha. or what do you guys usually do in between events? is there any underground autcrossing?
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

We're the Los Angeles/Orange County arm of the Sports Car Club of America. We don't do underground. ;)

There are often lots of events ... check out the San Diego Region and the various marque club events. We're very lucky to have events within a couple of hours drive while many in other parts of the country have to drive pretty long distances to get in occasional events.

San Diego = http://www.sdsolo.com/forum/index.php
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

San Diego event tomorrow.

Jay W
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Jefff Lazo wrote:or what do you guys usually do in between events? is there any underground autcrossing?
gokarting & prepping the car for the next event; also, video games, working, spending time w/ family... :D

underground autocrossing, hahaha - well, the event we just had in August felt almost underground (night time autocross, official).