Visiting from SD

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Kaustav Acharya

Visiting from SD

Post by Kaustav Acharya »

So yah because we're nutters and can't get enough of this damn sport, wifey and I are coming up this weekend to run with you guys.

Forgive me for what might seem rather a silly question....Apparently (as of right now anyway) we're the only two people running DS. Does that mean that one of us would get the trophy spot? Or, since we're not part of a club, does this mean that a trophy won't be allocated? If a trophy winner is a non LA resident, and opts to get a trophy instead of the solo bucks, does the trophy get mailed to them or do they have to go pick it up? I'm just trying to get an understanding of how your region works up there and looking forward to meeting all of you. Thanks! :thumbup:
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: Visiting from SD

Post by Rick Brown »

Kaustav Acharya wrote:So yah because we're nutters and can't get enough of this damn sport, wifey and I are coming up this weekend to run with you guys.

Forgive me for what might seem rather a silly question....Apparently (as of right now anyway) we're the only two people running DS. Does that mean that one of us would get the trophy spot? Or, since we're not part of a club, does this mean that a trophy won't be allocated? If a trophy winner is a non LA resident, and opts to get a trophy instead of the solo bucks, does the trophy get mailed to them or do they have to go pick it up? I'm just trying to get an understanding of how your region works up there and looking forward to meeting all of you. Thanks! :thumbup:
Welcome to CalClub Kaustav.

Guests are eligible for trophies, but it takes 3 in a class to get one. You're obviously eligible for other classes (RT, X, PAX) if you want competition.
We don't mail them out, but many of us run SD events ( and a number of SD members run here) so a trophy could be delivered with no problem.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Kaustav Acharya

Ah okay! hmm I'll talk to the wife and see if she wants to swing to the RTR-DS. We have some cheapo Federals on the E46, and it's a heavy car so I doubt it'd actually do well against the other RTR cars there. Either way we'll drive I was just curious. Thanks again for the quick response!
Steve Coe
Club: CASOC
Car#: 75

Post by Steve Coe »

Kaustav,

CalClub has some great folks up there, enjoy!

Steve
Jonathan Lugod
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 194

Post by Jonathan Lugod »

and i'll be around to show you the ropes. It's not all too different. You don't need to join a club to keep track of points. Purchasing a points card will do that for you if you decide to do so later in the year. There is no temporary region card needed either so just bring your SCCA/License card and $30!!! Don't forget to pre-register online!

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/ ... QbDVGdxnhE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.osgiken.net
4 BSP- 2019 Mazda ND Miata - 2001 SSM Honda S2000
OS Giken / Bride / ShaftWorks USA
Kaustav Acharya

haha sweet. Looking forward to seeing this event. It'll be fun to drive an SCCA course instead of a BMW course at that location. Gotta keep reminding myself that there won't be a roach coach there this time though haha
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

No, instead we have the Cal Poly students grilling burgers and dogs for us at lunch :thumbup:
Kaustav Acharya

I also just switched from running by ourselves in DS to RTR-DS. Looking to running with all of you guys this weekend. Probably will get our butts handed to us, but hey it's all for fun anyway :) :thumbup:
Kaustav Acharya

Mako Koiwai wrote:No, instead we have the Cal Poly students grilling burgers and dogs for us at lunch :thumbup:
What seriously?? That's pretty epic.