2009 CSCC Points Cards Available (New Members ONLY)

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

2009 CSCC Points Cards Available (New Members ONLY)

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

For prospective newbies, get your 2009 points card now and get 3 months free. Card will be valid from 10/01/2008 to 12/31/2009. Please visit link below or go to the "MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION" section on the left and fill out the application and mail it in. Please follow all directions.

Current members you can renew at anytime.

PayPal NOW available. http://www.solo2.com/PurchasePC.asp

If the moderator can make this thread an "Announcement", that'd be great.
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Re: 2009 CSCC Points Cards Available (New Members ONLY)

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Am I a 'New Member' now, or a renewal?

Jay W
Giovanni Jaramillo

Jayson Woodruff wrote:Am I a 'New Member' now, or a renewal?

Jay W
I'm not sure but I do recall hearing or reading that a new member (who previously was a member) has to be absent and not renewed for "x" number of years. What is "x"? I don't know.

P.S. - Got your PM offline and replied.
Daryl Slawnikowski
Car#: 156

Post by Daryl Slawnikowski »

TOO new to Know!
While looking at the point card I notice that all number fewer than 156 are either current or expired - on hold, but the 2009 point card have numbers under 100 available. Can you select a 2009 point number? What happens to your 2008 point since there are Nov and Dec events? Still deciding on a number, which we'll pick within the week.

How does the co-driver points work, are they earned by the vehicle or the driver? :?

Both memberships are valid with crew licenses through 11-30-09. WHAT DOES CREW LICENSES MEAN? :?
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Daryl Slawnikowski wrote:TOO new to Know!
While looking at the point card I notice that all number fewer than 156 are either current or expired - on hold, but the 2009 point card have numbers under 100 available. Can you select a 2009 point number? What happens to your 2008 point since there are Nov and Dec events? Still deciding on a number, which we'll pick within the week.

How does the co-driver points work, are they earned by the vehicle or the driver? :?

Both memberships are valid with crew licenses through 11-30-09. WHAT DOES CREW LICENSES MEAN? :?
Card numbers are technically held for 1 year so On Hold numbers are not really available until January 1. Gio can go ahead a give it to you if he feels the number isn't likely to be renewed, but I suppose if the original suddenly shows up December 31st and wants it you would have to give it up.

You'll earn points for the Nov & Dec events but they won't count for year end since that requires participation in at least 1/2 the events for the year. If you happened to finishe in the top 5 of your team for PAX points, they would count for for the team for that event.

Points are for a person in a particular class, the car in not relavent. You can earn points in more than one class if you switch around, but again you need to get points in that class at least 1/2 the events to qualify for year end points/awards.

Crew license just means you can crew for someone at any SCCA type race. What it really gets you is additional insurance coverage.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Daryl Slawnikowski wrote:TOO new to Know!

Yeah, get in line. haha. I've spent 2 years now trying to get one of those numbers.
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

From a practical standpoint, our Membership Wizard isn't going to hand out frozen numbers until the start of the new year. If you want one that's on hold, sign up for it on January 1st and hope nobody beat you to it.

Mike
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

I see a good set of co-driver numbers that are available, 156 and 159. Using magnetics, all you have to do is flip the 6/9 to change.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Giovanni Jaramillo

Mike Simanyi wrote:From a practical standpoint, our Membership Wizard isn't going to hand out frozen numbers until the start of the new year. If you want one that's on hold, sign up for it on January 1st and hope nobody beat you to it.

Mike
Mike is correct, but another way is to e-mail the current points card holder (and cc' me on the e-mail), and ask if they will renew. If they reply with NO, then you can have that number. If they say YES, you're out of luck. If they don't reply at all, then you'll have to do as Mike said....New Year's Day and renew. And I'll be on vacation in the Big "freezing" Apple back east....but I will have internet access...if a cafe is open on that day. If not, you'll have to wait til the day after for me to check my e-mail. My access will be intermittent starting on X-mas. So don't expect immediate replies during the holidays.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

STUPID way to do things.
STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Did I make myself clear enough???

STUPID!!!!
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Stacey sent emails to every expired single and double digit point card holder.
We'll let Gio know if we get any responses.

Your Cal Club Solo points card number is expired and on courtesy hold for the 2008 season. It is set to be assigned to a new driver on January 1st, 2009.

I am trying to collect intentions from expired card holders for 2009. If you plan on renewing for 2009, please let me know by responding to this email and I will inform the membership chair that your number will not be available for reassignment. Also, if you plan on not renewing, a response is appreciated so the number can be reassigned and those drivers will have adequate time to order numbers for next season.

Thank you for your response!

Steve Ekstrand
Stacey Miller
CSCC #15/115 STS
http://www.conemangler.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo

Steve Ekstrand wrote:STUPID way to do things.
STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Did I make myself clear enough???

STUPID!!!!
I can't hear you. Did you say something? :roll:
Giovanni Jaramillo

Jayson Woodruff wrote:Am I a 'New Member' now, or a renewal?

Jay W
By the way..........you are a "renewal" (after getting clarification from the Committee). Feel free to renew anytime Jay.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I've got several response back from my emails to expired cardholders.
Most say they are waiting til January to renew for 2009.
Can I tell them to renew NOW. That way we might get them out for our last two events and we'll get them renewed before there is a chance they lose their numbers.
This system doesn't work if we wait til mid January for renewals.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo

Steve Ekstrand wrote:I've got several response back from my emails to expired cardholders.
Most say they are waiting til January to renew for 2009.
Can I tell them to renew NOW. That way we might get them out for our last two events and we'll get them renewed before there is a chance they lose their numbers.
This system doesn't work if we wait til mid January for renewals.
Expired card holders can renew now of course. They always can (and they will be renewed for 2008 as well as 2009 and only for $20). My concern is people wanting the single or double-digit numbers that are "On Hold" in 2008 (but available in 2009). I won't release those because of our "1yr grace-period" that's in our supp regs. And trust me...I've had people who literally waited til either Dec 31st of their grace period to renew.

What I'm trying to avoid is the frenzy, begging/pleading for these coveted numbers. Tell these points card holders they can renew now and they'll get the rest of 2008 for FREE.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Will do.

Half have responded and all say they want back in 2009. A couple said they thought they had to wait for 2009 to renew. That could get them a lost number.
Most of the ones I haven't heard back from are the ones I have no clue who they are. The ones I really don't think should have had low double digit numbers in the first place.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo

Turns out I'm getting flurry of activity on renewals all of a sudden. And a few happen to be single and double-digit points card holder renewals.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

8-)
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Aaron Goldsmith

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:Turns out I'm getting flurry of activity on renewals all of a sudden. And a few happen to be single and double-digit points card holder renewals.
Haha, i'm gunna wait and try again at low number lotto so I can have a set of numbers I can use at both national and local events. :thumbup:
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

How loud do I have to scream that Aaron should get some priority over Johnny Clueless???
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Aaron Goldsmith

Steve Ekstrand wrote:How loud do I have to scream that Aaron should get some priority over Johnny Clueless???
haha, no need to scream steve. Me, I've thought a lot about how you could make some sort of priority system.. haven't thought of a clean way yet that doesn't seem overly cumbersome.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Easy.

Single and double digit numbers are reserved for current members and family.

Newbies.... Walk before you grab.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Seems like single and double digits should be reserved for those who can be bothered enough to renew every year. Even if you can't run any events, it's only $20, which should be the cost of reserving a number for the year. If you snooze, you lose.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Easy.

Single and double digit numbers are reserved for current members and family.

Newbies.... Walk before you grab.
I hear ya..........but that is subjective and while I have no problem with that, the E-Board may, so for now I follow the rules. So if the E-Board wants to step in and dictate otherwise, I'll do as they say. I am here to serve.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Its the committee's decision. But what is SUBJECTIVE about reserving the single and double digit numbers for current members and family?

Hi, I'm Johnny Clueless, I want to try drifting at your gymkhana in my clapped out stolen S13. I noticed 3 was available because some multi-time national champion hasn't renewed. I'll take that number please.

Uhm... NO! Take 739 and try again in a year.

I'd prefer some real seniority. Like Aaron trumping the second year types. But I understand how tough it might get.

Not letting first time newbies get #3 is not hard at all. And we are IDIOTS if we don't try to stop that.

Problem is..... I know we're idiots.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600