Thank you.

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

David S. Lee

Thank you.

Post by David S. Lee »

Answered
Last edited by David S. Lee on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Re: Is there someone I can contact regarding disability?

Post by Kurt Rahn »

David S. Lee wrote:Hello,

I looked on where2race and found this organization. i have never been to an autocross event but would like to start and want to speak to someone (hopefully in charge) that can answer questions about the event and doing it with a disability.

Is there a name and # I can have emailed or PMed to me or possibly an email? I would love to sign up for the next event in El Toro, CA and have read the PDFs and watched videos of how it works. I would like a little more detail and would like to ask questions on how I can accommodate myself for it.

David
Hi David,

A call like this would be made on an event-by-event basis by the folks who put on the event in question. In this case, that would be the safety steward, QV Dang and the event master KJ Christopher. I'll PM you their contact info.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Art Rinner
Car#: 83

Post by Art Rinner »

I remember meeting someone at the National Tour in San Diego a few years ago that was allowed to compete with his car being equipped with hand controls.
Art Rinner
#83 240ZT
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Jerry Lamb in NorPac uses hand controls. I remember a corvette driver years ago who did.
Rita and I and a few others did an event at Irwindale that featured a group of disabled drivers with hand controls.

Did we get a description of the disability though? Best to contact KJ Christopher and QV about your needed accomodations. We're pretty flexible as long as we can work within our required safety parameters.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Art Rinner wrote:I remember meeting someone at the National Tour in San Diego a few years ago that was allowed to compete with his car being equipped with hand controls.
Sam Bailey was a long time SD solo member who drove a hand controlled car. He recently passed and his car was donated to: Cal-Diego PVA. http://www.caldiegopva.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At SD's last event several members of PVA attended and ran his car, as well as a couple of other members who run their own cars. http://bit.ly/KjK1Iq*" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Over the years I believe there have been about a half dozen different participants with hand controlled cars running in San Diego.