Checkin In and Sayin Hi

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Chris Hofmann
Car#: 501

Checkin In and Sayin Hi

Post by Chris Hofmann »

Just wanted to say hey. Im Chris, most people call me Topher tho. Im moving to Hawthorne, CA in 2 weeks to take a job at SpaceX, and planning to bring the racecar too. Looking to make some new friends and try some new events. Ive autoX'd for 4 years, running with Steel Cities and Allegheny Highlands clubs in PA, North Carolina Region, Central Carolina Region, and South Carolina Region. Will be cool to add Cali to the list.

Is there an SMF class out there?

Here is the car... #05 " Phoenix" SMF classed 2006 Chevy Cobalt. Just need to save up for some new R-Comps till I am out there.
A1 Higher Graphics | Clutchmasters | CobaltNation | CrateEngineDepot | DEI | GoPro | GoPuck | PLWA | Rockwell Time | Slick Products | SpyOptics | Trackspec Motorsports | ZZPerformance
#501 Chevrolet Cobalt
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Re: Checkin In and Sayin Hi

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Welcome! ... I don't think we have anyone running in SMF? Check our Results. (requires you to register for it to show up.)

We have a number of run what you brung choices, ie. you could run on street tires.

A lot of our folks are at Nationals now ... and because of Nationals we have a little break in our local action. Next event isn't until Oct 5/6

Best way to stay up to date is to bookmark Recent Activity ... so you can see when registration for Practice opens up, so you can get registered ASAP.

See you out there ... Mako & Karen ... silver SSP Z06
Bobby Beyer

Post by Bobby Beyer »

Not many people in Cal Club run SMF but there are a few in San Diego. Most of the FWD cars that would fit in SMF run CST(one of the biggest classes overall) which is a local street tire class.
"Promise mediocrity. Deliver just slightly better." - Jarrett Bellini
Ed Holley
Club: CASOC
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Nice looking car. We look forward to meeting you at the October event at California Speedway.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Bobby Beyer wrote:but there are a few in San Diego.
Look at the San Diego sound rules before you go, 93dB@50ft. Most strict I know of, and catches a lot of outsiders by surprise.

Jay W
Chris Hofmann

Post by Chris Hofmann »

93? That might be hard. I know i am going to have to but a catted exhaust back on the car once I am in cali to meet emissions requirements again.

Sucks that theres no SMF cars. we have an awesome 10 car class out here to run in :(

Whats the majority of stuff out there? Cant wait to meet new people and faces!
A1 Higher Graphics | Clutchmasters | CobaltNation | CrateEngineDepot | DEI | GoPro | GoPuck | PLWA | Rockwell Time | Slick Products | SpyOptics | Trackspec Motorsports | ZZPerformance
#501 Chevrolet Cobalt
Robert Puertas
Club: PSCC
Car#: 44

Post by Robert Puertas »

Chris we have a PAX class where you get to run against all the west coast national champions.
You'll be fine with that soft SMF pax!

;-)
Chris Hofmann

Post by Chris Hofmann »

Well, wont have the sticky tires, but I think I may try and come out and at least say Hi at the October event is Im around and settled enough.
#501 Chevrolet Cobalt
Bobby Beyer

Post by Bobby Beyer »

If your not running hoosiers or R comps, your car would be a really good fit in CST.
"Promise mediocrity. Deliver just slightly better." - Jarrett Bellini
Chris Hofmann

Post by Chris Hofmann »

Well my daily tires ar Hankook RS2's.. and they rock in the rain... but man, the car just runs so good on R comps that i dont know if i want to go back in the dry, haha
#501 Chevrolet Cobalt