March 1 practice

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Dave Davis

March 1 practice

Post by Dave Davis »

newbie, back to try to sign up again for a saturday practice event in el toro.

where can i sign up?
thanks
"All good projects have a coat of primer"
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Re: March 1 practice

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Probably hasn't been posted yet. Set your Book Mark for "View Active Topics" ... and you'll be able to keep up with the latest
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Dave Davis wrote:newbie, back to try to sign up again for a saturday practice event in el toro.

where can i sign up?
thanks
The best chance a newbie has to be accepted into a practice is the next event @ AAA Speedway as our season is winding down and demand is low this time of year. Our first event at El Toro is prior to a national tour stop and will sell out in short order. Priority is given to those who participate in the championship series events. The wait list for that event could be as many as 50 deep. As a first timer, it's unlikely you'd be accepted.

A better bet is to attend any or our Autocross Sunday events where there is no entry limit and all are welcome. It's staffed our novice coordinator who is there to help you get started.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

waleed432 wrote:am trying to sign up for the June 8th event. In motorsportreg it is asking me to choose my vehicle number, which after signing up for my points card is #915. On the drop down for vehicle number, that one isn't available. Is there a different way to go about this if you have a points card number?
Our events generally open for registration 3-6 weeks prior to the event. Until then, your effort to register for anything past the November 16 Autocross Sunday will be fraught with frustration. :o

FYI, we use our real names on this forum rather than handles. The sooner you get known by your name, the better chance you'll have interacting on the forum and getting into events. ;)
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

George Schilling wrote:
waleed432 wrote:am trying to sign up for the June 8th event. In motorsportreg it is asking me to choose my vehicle number, which after signing up for my points card is #915. On the drop down for vehicle number, that one isn't available. Is there a different way to go about this if you have a points card number?
Our events generally open for registration 3-6 weeks prior to the event. Until then, your effort to register for anything past the November 16 Autocross Sunday will be fraught with frustration. :o

FYI, we use our real names on this forum rather than handles. The sooner you get known by your name, the better chance you'll have interacting on the forum and getting into events. ;)
The membership person (and a few other admins) can update MSR with permanent numbers, individual users cannot do that. Another reason to use your real name, I could update the MSR permanent number lists if I knew who you were.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Rick Brown wrote:The membership person (and a few other admins) can update MSR with permanent numbers, individual users cannot do that. Another reason to use your real name, I could update the MSR permanent number lists if I knew who you were.
^^^
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.