Newbie question re: run order

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Jonathan Shapiro
Car#: 926

Newbie question re: run order

Post by Jonathan Shapiro »

I checked the run order for the next event and my class doesn't run until after lunch. Do I still have to be there at 7:00 AM ? Being a newb, I would like to learn and help as much as possible, but I don't want to be a nuisance or get in the way.
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Re: Newbie question re: run order

Post by Bill Schenker »

Jonathan Shapiro wrote:I checked the run order for the next event and my class doesn't run until after lunch. Do I still have to be there at 7:00 AM ? Being a newb, I would like to learn and help as much as possible, but I don't want to be a nuisance or get in the way.
You'd never get in the way (unless you walked out into the middle of a hot course! :D ). You don't need to be there in the morning if you're running in the afternoon, but it'd be a great idea to come out early anyway: get a lay of the land, meet some folks, and not feel rushed for the afternoon. If you wanted to get a course walk in in the morning, best to get there before 8am. BTW: Lunchtime course walks are sometimes not as long as the morning one, so it's kinda nice to take a course walk or two in the morning, then a quick one at lunch to see what the rubbered in line is.
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Jonathan Shapiro

Bill Schenker wrote:
Jonathan Shapiro wrote:I checked the run order for the next event and my class doesn't run until after lunch. Do I still have to be there at 7:00 AM ? Being a newb, I would like to learn and help as much as possible, but I don't want to be a nuisance or get in the way.
You'd never get in the way (unless you walked out into the middle of a hot course! :D ). You don't need to be there in the morning if you're running in the afternoon, but it'd be a great idea to come out early anyway: get a lay of the land, meet some folks, and not feel rushed for the afternoon. If you wanted to get a course walk in in the morning, best to get there before 8am. BTW: Lunchtime course walks are sometimes not as long as the morning one, so it's kinda nice to take a course walk or two in the morning, then a quick one at lunch to see what the rubbered in line is.
Thanks Bill! I will try and get there in the morning.
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Post by Anthony P. »

There are also two novice walks one in the morning around 8 and one during lunch. Coming down on Saturday at the very least to say hi and maybe catch a ride along isnt a bad thing either.
Jonathan Shapiro

Thanks for the advice, guys. I wound up not making it today after all, because of a stomach virus.