Newb

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Stephen Strand
Club: CASOC
Car#: 519

Newb

Post by Stephen Strand »

Hi everyone,

I'm not new to autocross but I am to this group. Around 5 years ago I decided to get into SCCA autocross when I was living in Irvine. Unfortunately, a friend at the time convinced me that the So Cal group was too large and not fun to run with and so I found myself driving to Las Vegas multiple times to run autocross. It was a poor choice looking back.

A while back I was on a 24 hour of lemons team with Jeff Stuart and he nudged me back to autocross. I've done a couple events as a non-member but have finally registered and will be showing up more often.

Right now I am getting my MR2 back in order to bring out for the next event. I'm also looking to have the 4AGZE and trans rebuilt on it. If you know someone who would be good for this, please let me know.

Thanks!
Mediocre driver. #519 Focus ST. Lead mod for www.reddit.com/r/rallycross
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Re: Newb

Post by George Schilling »

Welcome back Stephen!

For best in autocross, you can't beat our group. Looking forward to meeting you sometime in the future. Any friend of Jeff's is a friend of mine!

George Schilling
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Stephen Strand

Post by Stephen Strand »

Hey George,

My wife and I talked with you for a few minutes when loading cones into the RV, it was nice meeting you!
George Schilling
Club Representative

Stephen Strand wrote:Hey George,

My wife and I talked with you for a few minutes when loading cones into the RV, it was nice meeting you!
My neighbors! Sorry I didn't recognize the name. I was very, very tired. Plus, it takes me a couple times to remember names. Be sure to stop by and say hello anytime. What is your wife's name again. I want to give you access to the CASOC message board.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Stephen Strand wrote: Right now I am getting my MR2 back in order to bring out for the next event. I'm also looking to have the 4AGZE and trans rebuilt on it. If you know someone who would be good for this, please let me know.

Thanks!
I'd talk to Eric Clements about anything MR2. Click here to email.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Stephen Strand

Post by Stephen Strand »

George Schilling wrote:My neighbors! Sorry I didn't recognize the name. I was very, very tired. Plus, it takes me a couple times to remember names. Be sure to stop by and say hello anytime. What is your wife's name again. I want to give you access to the CASOC message board.
Haha not a problem! My wife's name is Shira. Sounds good regarding the board, just let me know the url!
Rick Brown wrote:I'd talk to Eric Clements about anything MR2. Click here to email.
Thanks Rick I will get in touch with him.

Also, if anyone is close to Long Beach and needs to get their car in the air, I have a lift in my garage that is open for use on the weekend, just get a hold of me!
Adam Tarnoff
Car#: 49

Post by Adam Tarnoff »

There's also http://www.yelp.com/biz/sang-auto-repair-lawndale; even though he is a general repair shop, he is also an old school 4ag guy known for his attention to detail. There is also Bluemoon Performance in Costa Mesa. Both are reputable 4ag rebuilders.
#49 STX Mazda RX-8
George Schilling
Club Representative

Stephen Strand wrote: Haha not a problem! My wife's name is Shira. Sounds good regarding the board, just let me know the url!
No url. Just scroll down to the bottom of the board index and you'll now see the CASOC link.
Stephen Strand

Post by Stephen Strand »

Adam Tarnoff wrote:There's also http://www.yelp.com/biz/sang-auto-repair-lawndale; even though he is a general repair shop, he is also an old school 4ag guy known for his attention to detail. There is also Bluemoon Performance in Costa Mesa. Both are reputable 4ag rebuilders.
Great I'll check both of them out thanks