New to the Forum and the Area, Looking for a Co-Drive

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Jeremy Ellison

New to the Forum and the Area, Looking for a Co-Drive

Post by Jeremy Ellison »

Hey All,

My wife and I just moved to Laguna Niguel from the east coast. I'm not new to Autocross, but am new to the club and new to the area. For the last 3 years, I raced an '06 STR S2000, which my co-driver and I were very successful in on a local level. I sold the car just before moving out here, but definitely want to stick with the sport.

I'm looking for a co-drive, am willing to pay for tires and am mechanically inclined. I have experience in RWD cars and Karts, but will drive just about anything. I know none of you know me, but I can provide references :). If I can't find something, I'll bring out my wife's Mini Convertible or my World Formula Kart.

I'm really looking forward to living so close to one of the best sites in the country! Hope to see you all on the 8th.

Jeremy
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Re: New to the Forum and the Area, Looking for a Co-Drive

Post by Craig Naylor »

Looking to make a class... ever run a Pro Solo? We have a Pro up at Crows landing that same weekend. I have a '95 STS Miata. Send me an email (I don't ever remember to look @ PM's) by clicking on my user name and then clicking on send email.

Craig
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Welcome to SoCal Jeremy. Even if you don't want to drive, you might also come out on the 7th for the practice. A chance to meet people and get plenty of ride alongs. While most of our top drivers will be out of town for the Pro, that does mean getting into the limited entry practice if you want to drive should be no problem. If I didn't already have a co-driver, I'd offer a ride in my kart.

If you have any questions about how we do things, don't hesitate to ask. Some of the info in the Novice area of solo2.com is a little out of date.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Jeremy Ellison

Post by Jeremy Ellison »

Craig, thanks for the offer. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it up to Crows Landing that weekend.

Thanks Rick, I'll probably come out either way. The Mini just isn't tired properly for autocross, though I'm looking for an excuse...
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

waleed432 wrote:Also I have another friend who may "come and see" during the day, can we get her a helmet and paperworked, fees paid if necessary and a ride along without much hassle?
On Saturdays, yes - very easy. And free. Just paperwork.

On Sunday, it is harder to find passenger seats since it is primarily a passenger day. Come out Saturday, November 15th!
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Stephen Strand
Club: CASOC
Car#: 519

Post by Stephen Strand »

Jeremy did you ever find a co-drive?

I have a '14 Focus ST for G Street and would be willing to share it for a co-drive if you are interested. Send me a message if you are interested and we can discuss further. I'll be at the Sunday Jan 18th event if you are planning to go.
Mediocre driver. #519 Focus ST. Lead mod for www.reddit.com/r/rallycross