Feb 8 Autocross

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Jc Nubla
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 424

Feb 8 Autocross

Post by Jc Nubla »

Hi Everyone,

It's my first time to actually run on the solo autocross and finally, I will have time to go to the Feb 8 autocross. FWIK, novices don't get a chance to get in the practices so i'll just go Sunday. just wanted to know how to go about registering and all that stuff. would it be advisable to register and pay online or can you do it on-site? how about the membership? anything else i'm missing? btw, i'm so excited and can't wait!

thanks,
JC
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Re: Feb 8 Autocross

Post by George Schilling »

Jc Nubla wrote:Hi Everyone,

It's my first time to actually run on the solo autocross and finally, I will have time to go to the Feb 8 autocross. FWIK, novices don't get a chance to get in the practices so i'll just go Sunday. just wanted to know how to go about registering and all that stuff. would it be advisable to register and pay online or can you do it on-site? how about the membership? anything else i'm missing? btw, i'm so excited and can't wait!

thanks,
JC
Go to solo2.com and read the section for novices. There is a wealth of information.

FYI, there are at least 10 novices in Saturday's practice. While noobs are given a lower priority in certain cases, don't be discouraged from trying. That said, on Sunday we have a novice coordinator who is there to help answer questions and get you started. That's usually a better place to start.

I know you're excited. And we are excited to get you started. You'll love it!
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Jc Nubla

Post by Jc Nubla »

Thank you for the reply George. How do go about on registering a slot for the Saturday practice? sorry for being such a noob :D
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Jc Nubla wrote:Thank you for the reply George. How do go about on registering a slot for the Saturday practice? sorry for being such a noob :D
Registering for all our events happens at http://solo2.motorsportreg.com/. However, the February events are not posted yet. You can periodically check that site, plus notification will be on this forum also. I would guess we will get the February events up some time next week.

While you can register at the Sunday event, registering online is preferred. You save $10 on your entry fee and it helps us plan the event when we have a better idea who is coming. Online payment is optional. You will need an SCCA membership. You can go to http://www.scca.com/about/index.cfm?cid=44704 or simply do it at the event, only takes a couple of minutes. Weekend memberships are available, too, the full price of which can be applied to a yearly membership.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Jc Nubla

Post by Jc Nubla »

I see. i got it! thanks for the very helpful replies! looking forward to meet some of you at the event!
Jc Nubla

Post by Jc Nubla »

I just want to thank everyone for the help and all. Finally got to meet George... got an instructor lesson from Tom... had a blast at work from David, and a lot lot more! I had a fun fun weekend! Thank you so much and I hope to meet more of the group on the next one! :D btw, I was the blue 350z in NOV CST.