Just saying hello!

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Justin Erickson
Car#: 846

Just saying hello!

Post by Justin Erickson »

Just thought I would pop in and say hello. I had my very first ever experience with autocross last weekend (7/11-7/12) in Atlantic City, NJ. I went over there to hangout with friends I hadn't seen in years and was convinced to do so while they had an event going on. Oh and I rented a 2015 Mustang V6 to do so lol. Needless to say I had a blast and I'm now hooked. May sign up for the August events, but not sure yet since I'm planning to go visit my friends in NJ again the weekend prior to that. Just no Mustang this time.

Looking forward to getting out there eventually and seeing what my 2014 Mazda 3 can do even with the Ecopia tires on it.
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough
- Mario Andretti
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 69

Re: Just saying hello!

Post by Q V »

Hi Justin. Just sign up now. You always have until about Tuesday or Wednesday the week of to cancel if you change your mind. You won't have the luxury to go the other way (these practices fill up quick, especially this next one). Worse case, though, you can always run on Sunday either pre-reg ($30, you can opt to pay at the event even when pre-registering) or walk-up ($40).

Don't worry about the ecopia tires, I ran 400tw tires at the last event and still had fun.

-QV
Justin Erickson
Car#: 846

Re: Just saying hello!

Post by Justin Erickson »

Okay so I just signed up for the Sunday event, not feeling the $70 price tag on Saturday ATM, and only signed up under "Novice (Indexed)." I'm not sure if I should have put something else since I have no real idea what class my car belongs in. The class ranking chart I found only had up to the 2011 model year of the Mazda 3. Am I correct in assuming that my 2014 Mazda 3 would be in the same class? Also, is that something I can have modified the day of the event or am I stuck being only in Novice without a class?

EDIT: NVM I found the answer I was looking for thanks to a link in the classing thread pinned in the section of the forum. I have since edited my entry to run as follows: "Novice (Indexed), H Street"
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough
- Mario Andretti