Questions about numbers

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Justin Erickson
Car#: 846

Questions about numbers

Post by Justin Erickson »

What is the best way to go about numbering my vehicle for the event on the 9th? Will just your standard blue masking tape work for spelling out my number and class? Also, would my lettering for Novice H Street be NHS?
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough
- Mario Andretti
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Re: Questions about numbers

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Justin Erickson wrote:What is the best way to go about numbering my vehicle for the event on the 9th? Will just your standard blue masking tape work for spelling out my number and class? Also, would my lettering for Novice H Street be NHS?
I would recommend printing out numbers and class letters on a sheet of paper and taping that to the side of your car. Just make sure they are sized according to the rulebook. Lettering would be NOV HS.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Leonard Cachola wrote:
Justin Erickson wrote:What is the best way to go about numbering my vehicle for the event on the 9th? Will just your standard blue masking tape work for spelling out my number and class? Also, would my lettering for Novice H Street be NHS?
I would recommend printing out numbers and class letters on a sheet of paper and taping that to the side of your car. Just make sure they are sized according to the rulebook. Lettering would be NOV HS.
Unless you put one number per sheet, it's hard to do it according to the rules (8" numbers with 1.25" stroke, class 1\2 of that). The 600 numbers we hand out are not strictly legal, but are very readable, which is what's important.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Justin Erickson
Car#: 846

Post by Justin Erickson »

Leonard Cachola wrote:
Any particular reason for printing them out vs taping? My car is white so the blue tape should stand out in decent contrast.
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough
- Mario Andretti
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Justin Erickson wrote:
Any particular reason for printing them out vs taping? My car is white so the blue tape should stand out in decent contrast.
Blue tape on a white car is fine. Make them a minimum of 8" tall please.

FYI for others thinking of using blue tape, if your car is silver or blue, forget it. Many times we can't read these from the CTV let alone at 60 MPH from 50 yards. :lol:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head