Clearing up some basic questions.

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Chris Myers
Car#: 369

Clearing up some basic questions.

Post by Chris Myers »

Thanks to Steve Ekstrand for giving some more info between the membership and the points card.

Just had a few more questions:

1) I purchased the yearly SCCA membership at the last event, and I was given a yellow copy of the paper I signed ( basically a receipt). Do I need to bring this receipt with me to future events also? My receipt unfortunately got a little crumpled in my pocket.

2) I also purchased a points card, went through the whole process and picked an available number and paid. Now aside from the paypal statement being emailed to me does anything else happen? I believe I read the points card isn't a tangible card anymore, but is there anyway to acknowledge I'm in the system?

Thanks! And I apologize if this info was written down somewhere.

-Chris
2013 Honda Fit Sport -STF
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 69

Re: Clearing up some basic questions.

Post by Q V »

1) Until you receive your hard card (or have access to your SCCA account on scca.com that you can show on your phone), bring the yellow paper. Life becomes easier once they send you the confirmation; sometimes they are quick, sometimes it takes a month or two.

2) Contact Kurt Rahn to make sure he updates your listing both on the google doc as well as solo2.motorsportsreg.com so you can register w/ your number online, but it can be found on solo2.com --> Members --> Points Card. If you already paid & have the paypal statement, just keep that one around. If that doesn't happen before next event, just make sure they update it at registration.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Chris Myers wrote:Thanks to Steve Ekstrand for giving some more info between the membership and the points card.

Just had a few more questions:

1) I purchased the yearly SCCA membership at the last event, and I was given a yellow copy of the paper I signed ( basically a receipt). Do I need to bring this receipt with me to future events also? My receipt unfortunately got a little crumpled in my pocket.
Yes, until you receive your actual card in the mail, which really should happen before the next event.
2) I also purchased a points card, went through the whole process and picked an available number and paid. Now aside from the paypal statement being emailed to me does anything else happen? I believe I read the points card isn't a tangible card anymore, but is there anyway to acknowledge I'm in the system?
Go to the home page (click logo at top of page), click Members>Points Cards>Points Card Listings and check there. I don't see your name as yet, but Kurt should process it before the next event also. Your number will also be put in the permanent number list on MotorsportsReg.com so when you register online it will be available to you.
Thanks! And I apologize if this info was written down somewhere.

-Chris
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Chris Myers
Car#: 369

Post by Chris Myers »

Thanks Quoc-Viet and Rick!

I'll be sure to keep my eye on the mail and look for the card.

I private messaged Kurt, so hopefully everything will be processed soon!

Thanks again for the help!
2013 Honda Fit Sport -STF
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Just a whole batch of points cards. Yours was among them, Chris.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.