Street class nationals competitors - how do you get there?

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

lmartin
Car#: 771

Street class nationals competitors - how do you get there?

Post by lmartin »

SoCal street class competitors who attend Nationals, how do you get yourself to Lincoln? I moved from Toronto to LA and discovered that I am actually farther away from Lincoln now. Not that I have ever been to Lincoln.

It seems like there are a few options:
1. Drive your competition vehicle and yourself to Lincoln
2. Tow your competition vehicle with your pickup to Lincoln (note: I don't have a pickup)
3. Car transport your competition vehicle and fly/drive something else to Lincoln
4. Find a ride in something similar to your competition vehicle and fly/drive something else to Lincoln. Not sure how much rides cost.

Any tips or advice or wisdom about what is the best approach? This is a bit hypothetical, thanks to Brian Peters for coming to a few events here and showing me the gigantic gap between me/my car and something that could be competitive at Nationals. But I believe that it is now "silly season", so I am pondering 2017.
Lloyd Martin - # "fewest pieces of blue tape that make a legal, unused number" AS Z06
Max Hayter
Club: CASOC
Car#: 31

Re: Street class nationals competitors - how do you get ther

Post by Max Hayter »

Depends somewhat on the type of car. Last year, I drove a DS WRX out to Lincoln. We also organize a transporter every year, if that's more convenient. This year, my race car was towed out, and I drove out in my NC MX5. Most street class cars get driven out, especially if they can fit a set of of wheels/tires in the back.
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC