How to renew SCCA Membership online?

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Chris Myers
Car#: 369

How to renew SCCA Membership online?

Post by Chris Myers »

Hi All,

So my SCCA membership is ready for renewal and I have gotten my renewal form in the mail. However several times in the mailer it is advertised that you can renew online.

After about 15 minutes of navigating the SCCA site. I finally found the renewal link. However when I click on the link it say:
"You don't have permission to access this page" in red and it takes the me to the home page.

Has anyone else had this issue? Apparently this is a really common complaint on the SCCA forums.

If there is a an online renewal option I would prefer it over mailing in the forms.

Thanks!
2013 Honda Fit Sport -STF
Kevin Pao

Re: How to renew SCCA Membership online?

Post by Kevin Pao »

https://www.scca.com/pages/join-scca

Should be the link below the 3 red boxes.
Chris Myers

Post by Chris Myers »

Kevin Pao wrote:https://www.scca.com/pages/join-scca

Should be the link below the 3 red boxes.

I found that link and when I click I get this message

http://i.imgur.com/jJkuD5P.png

I have no idea why I don't have access.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Try again now. I asked national office to address and they say it it now works on their side.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Chris Myers

Post by Chris Myers »

KJ Christopher wrote:Try again now. I asked national office to address and they say it it now works on their side.
Thanks for looking into this KJ, although I am still having the same message.

In the picture attached the time stamp in the right corner shows that this is still occurring after the fact.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 6.45.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 6.45.05 PM.png (456.56 KiB) Viewed 15678 times
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

I'll ping the national office again. I spoke with him earlier tonight and at the time it seemed the issue was a hiccup in the data transfer between one of the two databases in play. (Something we are working on fixing right now - one of the major initiatives.)
kj
Chris Myers

Post by Chris Myers »

I appreciate all the help! I did my fair share of googling and this problem seems to pop up every once in a while.

I wonder if/or what the common factor is for not allowing access. My only worthwhile note is that its my first year as a member and this is my first time renewing. Maybe if I had renewed prior this issue wouldn't happen?
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Chris - please try again.
I didn’t notice previously, but the second image he posted highlights the problem. In that image you can see he’s logged in as “Chris M.”. That account was created in March of 2016 through the GROW website. Then in April of 2016 he joined the SCCA as a member, but with different credentials than how he originally signed up on the website, resulting in a user “CHRISTOPHER MYERS”. Different sets of credentials created two different accounts in GROW, one with the original data he used in March, and one with the NetForum data (his actual membership) in April. The “CHRISTOPHER MYERS” user is the user associated with his membership, but he’s using the “Chris M.” account, hence it believes he’s not a member, hence he gets the “You do not have permission to access that page” message.

I have merged the two accounts into one and updated the account he has been using on the website to match the unique identifier in NetForum. Now when he goes to his “Profile Page”, there will be a box for “SCCA MEMBERSHIP”, and the second link in there is “Renew Membership”, which takes him to the renewal page.
kj
Chris Myers

Post by Chris Myers »

KJ Christopher wrote:Chris - please try again.
I didn’t notice previously, but the second image he posted highlights the problem. In that image you can see he’s logged in as “Chris M.”. That account was created in March of 2016 through the GROW website. Then in April of 2016 he joined the SCCA as a member, but with different credentials than how he originally signed up on the website, resulting in a user “CHRISTOPHER MYERS”. Different sets of credentials created two different accounts in GROW, one with the original data he used in March, and one with the NetForum data (his actual membership) in April. The “CHRISTOPHER MYERS” user is the user associated with his membership, but he’s using the “Chris M.” account, hence it believes he’s not a member, hence he gets the “You do not have permission to access that page” message.

I have merged the two accounts into one and updated the account he has been using on the website to match the unique identifier in NetForum. Now when he goes to his “Profile Page”, there will be a box for “SCCA MEMBERSHIP”, and the second link in there is “Renew Membership”, which takes him to the renewal page.

Thanks KJ, I was able to login and renew my membership!

A big thank you to to all the effort you put in to getting this resolved, I defiantly owe you lunch at our next event! And if possible pass along my thanks to the SCCA correspondent you have been in talks with.

If I recall correctly, I believe I signed up through SCCA at one of the AutoX events ( illing out a paper form) and signed up for a national event via the SCCA website which may have crossed the lines somewhere. Either way thanks again!!