first time on 7/30

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Eric Wong

first time on 7/30

Post by Eric Wong »

I didn't manage to sign up for practice in time on 7/29, but I just signed up for 7/30 where there'll be a novice coordinator and course walk, so that's probably more appropriate for me, anyways.

Can I still show up on 7/29 as a spectator? I hope to be able to learn a few things just watching since I'm completely new to this.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: first time on 7/30

Post by Rick Brown »

Eric Wong wrote:I didn't manage to sign up for practice in time on 7/29, but I just signed up for 7/30 where there'll be a novice coordinator and course walk, so that's probably more appropriate for me, anyways.

Can I still show up on 7/29 as a spectator? I hope to be able to learn a few things just watching since I'm completely new to this.
Yes, you are definitely welcome on Saturday to see how things are done, plus you can go for ride alongs, just ask for a passenger wrist band. Most people are happy to give rides. Some will be doing setup for the upcoming Nationals and may decline, but there is no harm in asking.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Chad-1stGen
Club: CASOC
Car#: 268

Post by Chad-1stGen »

Look for a red 1968 Camaro with lots of stickers and if my passenger seat is empty I'd be happy to give you a ride. Bring your helmet. Also, to an outsider it can sometimes be confusing or intimidating of even who to approach to ask that first question or two so if you see me or my car feel free to say hi and I can give you some basic background of what to expect on Sunday.
Randy Gonzalez
Current Solo Director
Club: CASOC
Car#: 436

Post by Randy Gonzalez »

FYI: We do have loaner helmets if you do not own your own helmet. They are at the motorhome/timing rig. Just leave your driver's license on the clipboard and please return the helmet as soon as you are done running (or riding).

And take Chad up on his offer for a ride....fun car! :thumbup:

And when you come out, don't be shy. There are many friendly folks in our group that are happy to help new people get involved.
SCCA Certifications: Solo Safety Steward, Flagging and Communications
http://CorvetteNews.com/
Eric Wong

Post by Eric Wong »

Sure thing, I'll definitely need a loaner helmet and would love the chance to ride in a 1st-gen Camaro!
Thanks all!
Eric Wong

Post by Eric Wong »

Hey all, thanks for the support at practice on Saturday and hope things went well today.
Wow, it's tiring being in the sun all day and wearing a helmet for the first time wasn't comfortable; I'll need to strengthen my neck muscles for that!
Anyways, I've reached out to someone who should have a good chance of getting GM to publish the center of gravity height for my Chevy Bolt.