If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Edgar Mendoza

Post by Edgar Mendoza »

How's it going everyone,

I'm new to any actual racing/autox. I'm thinking of going down to San Diego do some solo runs. I've signed up wit SCCA and read the newbie section on their site and on here but my question is; when I arrive to the location will they be able to tell me what class I will be in? I'm not too sure where my car would fall under. I have a 2016 miata and the only things I've done is had it lowered it a bit on flying miata springs and have 17x9 wide wheels on toyo R1R. Any advice for a newbie is appreciated.

Edgar
Reed Gibson
Current CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX

Re: Newbie

Post by Reed Gibson »

With your wheel/tire size and the lowering springs your car would be in STR. You can find the full autocross classing rules here: https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules but don't be afraid to ask at the site if you have any questions! Also don't be afraid to ask for help when at the events, we have plenty of members willing to help instruct during both our Saturday practice events and Sunday champ events.

Hope to see you at one of our Cal Club events!
Randy Gonzalez
Current Solo Director
Club: CASOC
Car#: 436

Post by Randy Gonzalez »

Welcome Edgar!

We also have a very active "car classing questions" thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1158

Ask away there and you'll get authoritative responses from some of our car classing gurus! :thumbup:
SCCA Certifications: Solo Safety Steward, Flagging and Communications
http://CorvetteNews.com/
Edgar Mendoza

Post by Edgar Mendoza »

Thanks for the reply guys and the info! Hopefully I meet you guys sometime out there.