Membership and auto cross classes

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Terrance chan

Membership and auto cross classes

Post by Terrance chan »

In order to participate in the autocross classes (and auto cross but more interested in the classes) do I need to have a SCCA membership? or is that optional? Also how do I find those classes? Thank You
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: Membership and auto cross classes

Post by Rick Brown »

Terrance chan wrote:In order to participate in the autocross classes (and auto cross but more interested in the classes) do I need to have a SCCA membership? or is that optional? Also how do I find those classes? Thank You
Yes, an SCCA membership is required to compete with us, but there are options. There is a temporary membership for $15 good for a weekend. That $15 can then be applied to a full year membership if you choose, plus there are other discounts for that first year. This can be explained (and purchased) at registration, you don't need to get the membership in advance.

For car classing, here is the SCCA classing: https://www.scca.com/downloads/37724-20 ... s/download. However, if you just tell us what car you have and what modifications you have (or want to have), we can tell you what classes you are eligible for.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Ed T
Current Solo Director
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 711

Re: Membership and auto cross classes

Post by Ed T »

Terrance chan wrote:In order to participate in the autocross classes (and auto cross but more interested in the classes) do I need to have a SCCA membership? or is that optional? Also how do I find those classes? Thank You
If you've done no more than three autox events each year for the last three years, you can start out in Novice class as well.
ES #711 Aston Martin V8 MR2 Spyder Vantage