Important Info Effective April (CASOC event)

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Important Info Effective April (CASOC event)

Post by KJ Christopher »

Howdy everyone. We're doing a few things differently starting with the April 15th event and I wanted to give you a little advance notice.

Run Groups
We've been hovering at a breaking point of a four vs. five group decision. We've decided to push forward with a five group solution. This is obviously something that we would all prefer, as it is a shorter work session and allows more flexibility in the day to do x-runs. In order to facilitate this move, we are making a change to the corner radio procedures. No longer will the corner radio carry a clip board and record the cars/cone counts - cone calls will simply be radioed in to master radio in the CTV. Since corner radio is no longer standing there juggling a Bic, clipboard, wind-blown papers and a Motorola, they can help with actual corner work.

X-Runs
No work X-runs as you know and love them will continue. As will the limit per group. (Five per group.) However, we will offer a work required X-run for $10 off. Since you work with these, there are no limits on the amount we can sell. Also, work required X-runs will get priority sign up to the short junior kart work session immediately after lunch. So, if you'd like to save $10 and help out the kids, here is your chance.

Junior Kart Workers
On the topic of Junior Kart Workers, we will continue to have a separate group of course workers for the 20-30 minutes that they run, assuming we have enough people, which the averages say should happen. However, we won't open that session for sign up, other than to work required X-runs, until the regular third group is covered.

Lagniappe
We're close to unveiling a new welcome package that you can use to attract new people to our sport. Details are being finalized, and the information (and hopefully cards to hand out) will be disseminated at the April event. The short version: If you refer someone who becomes a repeat customer, you get Solo$. And we'll come up with a way to make the introduction a little easier on them financially as well. Something to make it easier for you to sell to your friends and colleagues. Or the guy you just saw at the gas station.

Thanks!
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Max Hayter
Club: CASOC
Car#: 31

Re: Important Info Effective April (CASOC event)

Post by Max Hayter »

My only comment on this is that it makes it REALLY important that we have experienced people manning the radios and calling the cones in. Also, Master Radio needs to be experienced and establish a coherent radio procedure with the workers so that cones are not missed. Not difficult, but not a newbie position. I like the way master radio works at National events - we should follow the same and publish it so all are aware.

Oh, I was wrong... I do have another comment...

Thank you for working hard to make improvements :thumbup:
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Re: Important Info Effective April (CASOC event)

Post by KJ Christopher »

Max Hayter wrote: we should follow the same and publish it so all are aware.
Very well,
Corner Worker 3 wrote:Control, this is Station 3. <pause>
Control wrote:Go ahead, 3.
Corner Worker 3 wrote:Car 31, six cones.
Control wrote:Station 3, Car 31, six cones. Thank you.
or
Corner Worker 3 wrote:Control, this is Station 3. <pause>
Control wrote:Go ahead, 3.
Corner Worker 3 wrote:Car 31, six cones.
Control wrote:Station 3, Car 31, five cones. Thank you.
Corner Worker 3 wrote:No, you idiot. I said SIX cones. Surely, you must be deaf!
Control wrote:Station 3, Car 31, five cones. Thank you. And don't call me Shirley.
Note, in the second example, how the corner worker verified that master radio heard them correctly.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins