Post by Max Hayter »

~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Matt Ales
Car#: 87

Re: 2015 PAX

Post by Matt Ales »

And let the whining begin! :lol: Seriously though, looks mostly the same except for most of Street. Which got some help.
#87 - 2006 BMW M3
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Matt Ales wrote:And let the whining begin! :lol: Seriously though, looks mostly the same except for most of Street. Which got some help.
OK :D
  • All the Mod classes got softer (other than FM which is +.002)
  • All the SP classes stayed (roughly) the same (3 of the top 5 cars in PAX at nationals were BSP)
  • STX got harder (1st place at nationals: 114th overall PAX).
Yep, that makes sense. :roll:

Street (stock) classes got easier, which Rick said was probably going to happen when 2014 numbers were released because the new classes were an unknown quantity so he indexed them conservatively (Top PAXing street car at nationals: 230th)

Meanwhile, the top PAXing ST car at nationals finished 104th, 4 whole PAX seconds off of 1st, as it has always been.

/rant
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

Jeff Stuart wrote: Meanwhile, the top PAXing ST car at nationals finished 104th, 4 whole PAX seconds off of 1st, as it has always been.

/rant
hey if you want to go fast you just have to get a car with real tires.

:twisted:
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Marshall Grice wrote: hey if you want to win PAX you just have to get a car with real tires.
fixed :twisted:
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

My CSCC PAX calculator has been updated for 2015. Please update your bookmarks accordingly. Also, the Historic classes will probably change since the previous .975 multiplier was based off of R-Comp entries. I currently have it based off of Street.

http://www.lcachola.com/2015PAX.html
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Why is Historic Stock broken out separately in the calculator? All the cars are elsewise classed.... they just run amongst themselves... vs their modern class brethren for points.
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator

Craig Naylor wrote:Why is Historic Stock broken out separately in the calculator? All the cars are elsewise classed.... they just run amongst themselves... vs their modern class brethren for points.
Because it's historically been on a different multiplier. I suspect there will have to be a new multiplier for Historic based on what we have done before. I didn't make this up, it's in our Supplemental Regs.
~Leonard Cachola
Doug Teulie
Club: PSCC
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

Craig Naylor wrote:Why is Historic Stock broken out separately in the calculator? All the cars are elsewise classed.... they just run amongst themselves... vs their modern class brethren for points.
Before 2014 PAX had no prevision for 140 and then 200 TW for Stock.

I think "Historic Stock" (HSX using H as an example) had a street tire PAX index like SK1-SK2 and regular Stock (HS) PAX was for DOT-Rs. Then when Street class was added Stock changed (HSR). Now DOT-Rs are gone (except for classes like SP/SM...) because Stock is now gone. So I think now it is just (HS) Street index (no more HSX or HSR).

If that is correct, Craig's "questioning" is answered.
Last edited by Doug Teulie on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator

Doug Teulie wrote: I think "Historic Stock" (HSX using H as an example) had a street tire PAX index like SK1-SK2 and regular Stock (HS) PAX was for DOT-Rs. Then when Street class was added Stock changed (HSR). Now DOT-Rs are gone (except for classes like SP/SM...) because Stock is now gone. So I think now it is just Street (no more HSX or HSR).
The Historic multiplier was .975 in the 2013 Supplemental Regs and SK/RT was .980 with the treadwear for these classes at 140- these multipliers were used on Stock/Street-R classes that used R-compounds. The only remaining R-compound equivalent for 2015 is SSR, thus base PAX for the .975 multiplier is no longer available for use for the other classes (AS, BS, CS, DS, ES, FS, GS, and HS).

With the Street classes moving to 200tw next season, will Historic Street classes do the same? Also, what multiplier will be used, if any? These are questions that need to be answered by the Board before the new season starts and it looks like there is no Board meeting scheduled for December.
Last edited by Leonard Cachola on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Leonard Cachola
Doug Teulie

Post by Doug Teulie »

Leonard Cachola wrote:
Doug Teulie wrote: I think "Historic Stock" (HSX using H as an example) had a street tire PAX index like SK1-SK2 and regular Stock (HS) PAX was for DOT-Rs. Then when Street class was added Stock changed (HSR). Now DOT-Rs are gone (except for classes like SP/SM...) because Stock is now gone. So I think now it is just Street (no more HSX or HSR).
"The only remaining R-compound equivalent for 2015 is SSR, thus base PAX for these multipliers is no longer available for use for the other classes (AS, BS, CS, DS, ES, FS, GS, and HS)."

"With the Street classes moving to 200tw next season, will Historic Street classes do the same? These are questions that need to be answered by the Board before the new season starts and it looks like there is no Board meeting scheduled for December."
I agree.... get this set.

As far as I can tell in 2014 Stock (R) and Street indexes were used in Historic. Just my point of view---> 10", 13" and 14" Street class TW availability is 200+ for the most part and any older 140 tires are past shelf life. 15" and 16" tires may have some 140s???
Doug T
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

I'm with Doug... I thought the Historic Street (stock) cars were running the Street indexes... so are you saying on a PAX basis they were getting a .975 multiplier on top of the RTP/PAX consideration of the fact they were in Street class (vs. Stock)?

One year bonus for them! Wonder how that would play with results if that were corrected. :? Class, PAX overall,Club competitions...

I thought all the years I ran in Sk the street tire bump was .975 for Pax purposes, I didn't realize it got changed at some point to .98
Doug Teulie

Post by Doug Teulie »

Craig Naylor wrote: I thought all the years I ran in Sk the street tire bump was .975 for Pax purposes, I didn't realize it got changed at some point to .98
I think we have to go back to and before 2013 to see what was used. As far as I can tell SK and HisX were not used in 14. Only Street index and Stock index were used in 14.
Last edited by Doug Teulie on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug T
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Doug, if there is something unique to historic class that needs to be dealt with before the season begins, could you please start another thread outlining the issue and perhaps a proposal to deal with it. If there is no impending conflict, please disregard.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Doug Teulie

Post by Doug Teulie »

George Schilling wrote:Doug, if there is something unique to historic class that needs to be dealt with before the season begins, could you please start another thread outlining the issue and perhaps a proposal to deal with it. If there is no impending conflict, please disregard.
Done.
Doug T