General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

David Barrish
Club: PSCC
Car#: 58

2018 Lone Pine Time Trial, May 18-20

Post by David Barrish »

It's time, I'm going back.

This event is a great way to transition from autocrossing to any number of events that having you shift into a gear beyond third. The lap is two miles, give or take. Bring lots of gas.

I do remember that it can be sunshine at one end of the runway and rain at the other. On the same lap. True, it can be windy and hot. But you're in forth going that fast.

You will always remember the warm up laps. To clear the racing line and exfoliate the under side of your car.

See you at the Dow Villa!

http://www.lonepinetimetrials.com/registration/

David
David Barrish

Re: 2018 Lone Pine Time Trial, May 18-20

Post by David Barrish »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41gCAhytPgI

Just in case you had never been tempted to go really fast, at an autocross.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Last day to pre-register for Lone Pine Time Trials!

The clean up crew put in a lot of work 2 weekends ago to clear weeds and patch holes. As a bonus, the LA Dept of Water & Power, who owns the area, is providing a street sweeper to clean off the course for us this year!! You will still get parade laps in lieu of course walking (over 2 miles long), it will just be already clean. On site registration will still be available at a slightly higher fee and you may not get the free t-shirt.

CLICK TO REGISTER

Just do it!

note: This is not an SCCA sanctioned event.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
David Barrish

Post by David Barrish »

Rick,

Where do I find the results from Saturday?

If nothing else the weather was great. Watching the rain come down in what looked like water falls from the western side of the sierra's was amazing. At the track, we only had the odd sprinkle.

Yes, it's not an autocross. More like a rally stage on a tarmac surface that is returning to its bace elements, but it offers a new challenge. And it's a great way to use up those tires that we all have that need to come off the rims, you know the one's that have lost most of their magic but we we cant bring our selves to part with, just yet. Yea, those.

Hope to see you next year.

David

https://www.facebook.com/manzanartimetrials
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

David Barrish wrote:Rick,

Unfortunately we don't have a place to post them yet. The old FTP site I used to upload to went bye-bye. Which is why the CalClub results are in a new place. When we find a spot, the link on the Lone Pine web site will then take you there.
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Rick Brown wrote:

Unfortunately we don't have a place to post them yet. The old FTP site I used to upload to went bye-bye. Which is why the CalClub results are in a new place. When we find a spot, the link on the Lone Pine web site will then take you there.
Rick, if you'd like, you can email me the results (and all previous results that used to be on the old server) & I can put it on the lone pine time trial site directly.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:

Rick, if you'd like, you can email me the results (and all previous results that used to be on the old server) & I can put it on the lone pine time trial site directly.
Was going to ask you about that! That would be perfect. I'll do it tonight or tomorrow.