JUNE 16th Starting line School, help needed.

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

JUNE 16th Starting line School, help needed.

Post by Anthony P. »

From John Hunter

We have another TNiA event at Cal Club on June 16th, which would make it a great date to hold the school. The site will be free once again, and we will have access to the area where we could hold the school. If we can get the supplies there (cones, timing system, so on), I feel confident we can get the volunteers and instructors to pull it off. I already have a few willing to step up, if I need them. I would be surprised if we don't sell the school out, too. The school is a great way to inject some fresh new members into the club, as well as a great package for your current members.

Anyone want to;
Help move the motorhome to and from autoclub
Setup and run timing and scoring
Volunteer to help setup course etc.
Volunteer to coach.
David Watson

Re: JUNE 16th Starting line School, help needed.

Post by David Watson »

Hi Anthony,

I am free that day, I am willing to help with all of those duties, though I am not a good choice to coach driving! :lol: :lol:
1999 Mazda Miata, Lewis Hamilton, Ron Fellows, David Coulthard, Jacques Villeneuve, Laguna Seca, Spa Francorchamps, Racetrack of the Americas, Long Beach Grand Prix since 1992, Circuit De Gilles Villeneuve 98 -99, VARA Willow Springs BF Goodrich :crazy:
Anthony P.

Post by Anthony P. »

David Watson wrote:Hi Anthony,

I am free that day, I am willing to help with all of those duties, though I am not a good choice to coach driving! :lol: :lol:
So you have a second helper to get you home after dropping off the motorhome? And to take it back to do toro? Usually the motorhome moving is the hard position to find
Reed Gibson
Current CSCC Overall Champion

Post by Reed Gibson »

I have that Friday off so I should be able to help out with setup if needed. I'm also available to help coach at the event!
David Watson

Post by David Watson »

Yeah Anthony, I got hookups to next Tues. its the skills thing that I am hurting on :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, I could get someone to roll with me or pick me up in Fontucky, and there is always Uber... :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
1999 Mazda Miata, Lewis Hamilton, Ron Fellows, David Coulthard, Jacques Villeneuve, Laguna Seca, Spa Francorchamps, Racetrack of the Americas, Long Beach Grand Prix since 1992, Circuit De Gilles Villeneuve 98 -99, VARA Willow Springs BF Goodrich :crazy:
Michael Bradley
Car#: 210

Post by Michael Bradley »

Took awhile for me to find this. I'm available to help out in any position you need as long as I don't have to run (with my legs). If you don't need my particular set of non-skills that's fine too. :D
Scott Mullens
Current Solo Director

Post by Scott Mullens »

I can help out on Saturday and Sunday.
Eric Wong

Post by Eric Wong »

Any more info for potential attendees of this school? (Costs, registration, etc).

I have a friend whom I've been trying to get to come out for a few months, now. Maybe he can finally make it... He'd be driving my Bolt, too; so I might either attend or at least shag cones.

Nevermind, found it: https://www.scca.com/pages/starting-line
Not sure if my first-timer friend would go for it at that price.
Anthony P.

Post by Anthony P. »

Eric Wong wrote:Any more info for potential attendees of this school? (Costs, registration, etc).

I have a friend whom I've been trying to get to come out for a few months, now. Maybe he can finally make it... He'd be driving my Bolt, too; so I might either attend or at least shag cones.

Nevermind, found it: https://www.scca.com/pages/starting-line
Not sure if my first-timer friend would go for it at that price.
The school is essentially free when the tour entry, track night entry and Scca membership are considered.