Seeking Nominations for E-board Positions

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Lauren Kane Porta

Seeking Nominations for E-board Positions

Post by Lauren Kane Porta »

The Cal Club Autocross Executive Board will have three vacancies starting in January 2019: Vice President, Treasurer, and Communications. We are seeking nominations for all three positions, in addition to nominations for all executive board positions with incumbents.

Job duties for each of the three open jobs will be posted on this thread in the coming days.

If you are interested in joining the E-board, please post your nomination in this thread no later than Oct. 15.
Lauren Kane Porta

Re: Seeking Nominations for E-board Positions

Job descriptions for Treasurer and Communications Chair are attached. Still waiting on VP description.
Attachments
Cal Club Autocross Treasurer.pdf
(22.61 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
Cal Club Autocross Communications Chair.pdf
(21.44 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Finally completed the VP part. Sorry for the delay.

Basically, the VP secures the insurance for our events and calculates club votes for the committee meetings.
I consider myself impartial when it comes to club politics, I think it's important that the person that fills the position is similarly agnostic.
Lauren Kane Porta

Attached is the VP job description.
Attachments
Cal Club Autocross VP.pdf
(19.42 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
Ed T
Current Solo Director
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 711

Post by Ed T »

I nominate Dennis Hubbard for the position of Treasurer. I'll let Dennis chime in on this thread but I've discussed this with Anthony, who is the current Treasurer, and he endorses Dennis for the position as well. If you don't know Dennis, he competes in ES with me in his NB miata. He moved to the region in 2017 and attended every local event since. We went to the nationals in 2017 and 2018 together and it was both our first time. I can vouch for him with my reputation.

Looking forward to the call tomorrow.
ES #711 Aston Martin V8 MR2 Spyder Vantage
dennishubbard
Executive Board Member

Post by dennishubbard »

Ed, thank you for the nomination for the role of Treasurer. I have expressed interest in this position as a way to contribute and give back to the club while also applying my background in a meaningful way.

I am still relatively new to Cal Club, so a little bit of background for those of you that I have not formally met. I began autocrossing with the San Francisco region about 3 years ago and moved to Southern California in the middle of 2017. Since moving to the area, I have attended most of the regional events and appreciate how I have been welcomed with open arms since the beginning. Over the last 1 ½ years, I have enjoyed my time driving but I have had an increasing desire to do more than just drive and go home. I have seen how much work it takes to run the club and events and have been looking for the right opportunity to actively contribute.

I chose to run for the Treasurer position not only because it is a role that I feel I am qualified for based on my professional experience as regional CFO for a Fortune 500 company, but more importantly because of its importance to the club. I am confident that I will be able to provide sound financial guidance and also work with the Board to set longer term goals for the region that will help move us in a direction that will drive our success.

Thank you for your consideration!
Lauren Kane Porta

Congratulations to our new e-board positions for 2019! Reed Gibson will be VP, Dennis Hubbard will be treasurer, Edward Tsui will be communications chair, and Owen Palmer moves to equipment manager!