General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Free trailer(s)

Post by Mike Simanyi »

By Wednesday, October 31st we have to move or remove the two trailers the region owns from their current location, parked alongside the hangar at El Toro.

The tires are flat and probably cracked on the sidewalls due to sun damage, age and inflation. I likely can inflate them, but they should be replaced asap.

If anyone wants one for free, I can secure a duplicate title to transfer it from the region to you. Please email me - do not respond via PM on this forum. My email is msimanyi@gmail.com.

The nicer one of the two is the one that was used for KJ's former A Mod car. I know someone who is quite interested in it - my gardener, who I've known for 15+ years. It's possible he may know someone who wants the smaller trailer, but I'll post here just in case any of our members knows someone who may like it. It's probably ideal for gardeners, handymen, etc.

They aren't pretty, but they're lockable and a "nice price." :D
Kevin Pao

Re: Free trailer(s)

Post by Kevin Pao »

Any info on the length and width of the trailers? Also any pictures?
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair

Post by Mike Simanyi »

I have takers for both trailers, so I'll be on site tomorrow to break them open and discard the contents. Ken Motonishi has graciously allowed us to use AMCI's dumpster for the disposal, so we don't have to order a dumpster to be delivered. If anyone is interested in helping, please let me know. My back would appreciate it. I have no idea what time that'll be going down yet, but it's likely around 10:30 tomorrow morning.

Mike
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Mike Simanyi wrote:I have takers for both trailers, so I'll be on site tomorrow to break them open and discard the contents. Ken Motonishi has graciously allowed us to use AMCI's dumpster for the disposal, so we don't have to order a dumpster to be delivered. If anyone is interested in helping, please let me know. My back would appreciate it. I have no idea what time that'll be going down yet, but it's likely around 10:30 tomorrow morning.

Mike
I could maybe come by around 12:30, will be working in San Clemente until about noon.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair

Post by Mike Simanyi »

As it turned out we couldn't break open the larger trailer. Both the nifty "spanner lockpick trick" that Anthony directed me to and the biggest, bad-assest bolt cutters simply couldn't break open the Master locks that were on that trailer. The bolt cutters had a straight jaw, not anything with a "tooth" and the locks had a hexagonal shackle that made the straight jaws just slide off as pressure was applied.

So it took a Dremel once they got the unit home. Yes, it has a bunch of old cones in it. I'll be meeting them next weekend to filter through those, grab any that are decent and discard the rest.

The smaller trailer will be picked up tomorrow.

Mike
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Well done! Your commission on the sale is in the mail.
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

Mike Simanyi wrote:As it turned out we couldn't break open the larger trailer. Both the nifty "spanner lockpick trick" that Anthony directed me to and the biggest, bad-assest bolt cutters simply couldn't break open the Master locks that were on that trailer. The bolt cutters had a straight jaw, not anything with a "tooth" and the locks had a hexagonal shackle that made the straight jaws just slide off as pressure was applied.

So it took a Dremel once they got the unit home. Yes, it has a bunch of old cones in it. I'll be meeting them next weekend to filter through those, grab any that are decent and discard the rest.

The smaller trailer will be picked up tomorrow.

Mike
The CalClub Rallycross program could use some cones. Many are so torn up they can't stand. I'm not local but can be Mr. GoBetween if needed.

Bill
Bill Martin

Post by Bill Martin »

duplicate -- msg showed up after delay
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Bill, can you come down to Orange County this weekend? I believe they're in the Orange area - their kids went to El Modena High in Orange, so it's likely best for you to meet over that direction. Alternatively if I coordinate with them to bring them to my house, I'm pretty conveniently off the 261 toll road at Irvine Blvd, or you can come down the 55 to 5 S and exit at Tustin Ranch Road.

Let me know if there's a day/time/location you (or anyone else) prefers and I'll see what we can put together for a handoff.
Bill Martin

Post by Bill Martin »

E-mailed you, via the forum, contact info for Matt Mendoza, program chair. He lives on/near Irvine Blvd not far from El Toro, so should work out.

Lemmy no if you don't get that email. Sent today 5:45pm.

Thanks, Bill
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Matt has about 200 "Beat up" cones from us, a cooler or two and something else I can't recall. (I say "beat up" because they're pretty heavily scarred, but WAY better than what the RallyX people are using right now.)

What's more interesting is WE have about 200-250 nearly new cones that I will bring out to the event next weekend so we can cycle out the godawful cones we're currently using. And I have probably 6 or 8 fire extinguishers that we should have recharged, assuming they're the type that can be processed like that. There was a lot of stuff in the former AM trailer.

Mike
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Post by Anthony P. »

Mike Simanyi wrote:Matt has about 200 "Beat up" cones from us, a cooler or two and something else I can't recall. (I say "beat up" because they're pretty heavily scarred, but WAY better than what the RallyX people are using right now.)

What's more interesting is WE have about 200-250 nearly new cones that I will bring out to the event next weekend so we can cycle out the godawful cones we're currently using. And I have probably 6 or 8 fire extinguishers that we should have recharged, assuming they're the type that can be processed like that. There was a lot of stuff in the former AM trailer.

Mike

We also have a few in the motorhome that we need recharging as well.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Anthony Porta wrote:
Mike Simanyi wrote:Matt has about 200 "Beat up" cones from us, a cooler or two and something else I can't recall. (I say "beat up" because they're pretty heavily scarred, but WAY better than what the RallyX people are using right now.)

Mike

The last time someone checked (not me), it was less expensive to buy new ones than recharge.
Anthony P.

Post by Anthony P. »

Rick Brown wrote:
Anthony Porta wrote:

Mike

The last time someone checked (not me), it was less expensive to buy new ones than recharge.
I have a friend who does this for a living, any idea how many lbs of stuff ours holds?
Eric Clements
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Eric Clements »

Anthony Porta wrote: I have a friend who does this for a living, any idea how many lbs of stuff ours holds?
5lbs
Anthony P.

Post by Anthony P. »

Rick Brown wrote: The last time someone checked (not me), it was less expensive to buy new ones than recharge.
My guy is $25 and can come to our event to recharge.
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair

Post by Mike Simanyi »

I'll have them there Anthony.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Check in the RV also, may be one or two that need it also.
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

We had one we ran from station one to Stacy with... (that was put on course...) who's pin was missing, and had already been discharged.

It was a good thing we didn't need it after all.

Should be in the MH somewhere... Not sure is it was set aside to make sure it did no go back on course. (I left before fun runs)