ProSolo Format

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Kyle O'Rourke
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 860

ProSolo Format

Post by Kyle O'Rourke »

I've only done the ProSolo once several years ago. If I remember right, Friday is registration/welcome, Sat is main competition, and Sun is Challenge?

If I register, compete Sat, then don't show up on Sunday, will that mess things up? I might need to catch a flight Sat night for work (hoping that my schedule changes...).
Sean Fenstermacher
Car#: 81

Re: ProSolo Format

Post by Sean Fenstermacher »

Pro takes best times of both left and right side from both days.
If you no-show for Sunday then your Sunday runs will be DNS and your times will stand based on your Sat runs, iirc.

Also, trying to reg on Sat is tricky. Make sure you get there WAY early.
Ed T
Current Solo Director
Car#: 711

Post by Ed T »

Competitions runs are Saturday AM/PM and Sunday AM. 4 runs each totaling 12. Challenge is Sunday PM, so you can reasonably do all 12 competition runs and leave Sunday afternoon if you choose to skip out on the Challenge.
ES #711 Aston Martin V8 MR2 Spyder Vantage
Shane Donahue

Post by Shane Donahue »

Normal runs do go into Sun AM, so you would have a work assignment that needs to be completed on Sunday.
Skipping Sunday entirely, without making agreeable arrangements with the Event Master/Chief Steward, would flag you as a "Did not work", likely dismissing your Sat runs entirely and not putting in good standing with National office.
Kyle O'Rourke
Car#: 860

Post by Kyle O'Rourke »

Alright, so I would loose 4 runs + maybe challenge. Not too bad.

Good point on work! I'll be sure contact them in advance if needed.
Kevin Huldis

Post by Kevin Huldis »

Shane Donahue wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:57 pm Normal runs do go into Sun AM, so you familiarize yourself with these superb rangefinder binoculars and would have a work assignment that needs to be completed on Sunday.
Skipping Sunday entirely, without making agreeable arrangements with the Event Master/Chief Steward, would flag you as a "Did not work", likely dismissing your Sat runs entirely and not putting in good standing with National office.
That sounds rough. Do they make exceptions in case of an emergency?
Last edited by Kevin Huldis on Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

In addition to your regular work assignment, as the event host, Cal Club members are expected to work the Challenges. While probably too late now, just like local events, there are a limited number of pre-event work assignments that count for the weekend.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...