Recommendations for tire shop in Mid-City LA?

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Vikram Kirby
Car#: 703

Recommendations for tire shop in Mid-City LA?

Post by Vikram Kirby »

Anyone have recommendations for a tire shop? I've used Davis Brothers in Culver City as they're close to me but they charge $35/wheel to flip and balance (so $140 for the full set)--wondering if anyone knows of someplace else that will flip my RE-71s for less and still do a decent job?

Cheers.
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Re: Recommendations for tire shop in Mid-City LA?

Post by Anthony P. »

I would look for a shop that sells used tires. Since they typically look to service a less expensive target market.
Jacob Abrams
Car#: 728

Post by Jacob Abrams »

I frequently use Crestview service center (just west of Pico and Doheny) since they are close and do a good job. About $100 for all four last I recall.
Reed Gibson
Current CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX

Post by Reed Gibson »

Look for the smaller local shops and pay cash. My guy will mount/balance my 17's for $50 each time.
Vikram Kirby
Car#: 703

Post by Vikram Kirby »

Wow Reed that's a great deal. I found a used tire place near me (West Adams) earlier in the week and got it for $100/cash (19s but not sure if the size really mattered)...but $50 would be even better lol. At least the trend line is in the right direction.

Thanks for the suggestions all.
Jacob Abrams
Car#: 728

Post by Jacob Abrams »

Fyi, just found a mobile tire service that is pretty great. Run by a former rally driver apparently.

https://www.ziptire.net/

$25 a tire, so $100 total. Just had them do a set of hoosiers for me. Quick and good work. Super convenient too. I'll definitely be using them from now on.