Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Tire pumps tested. Harbor freight is a winner

Post by Anthony P. »

Video here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kTpSgUyyBA8

I use the larger 12v version but it's nice to see the small one has a metal piston.
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Re: Tire pumps tested. Harbor freight is a winner

Post by Bill Martin »

That guy is a testing fool -- check his video collection...I can spend hours watching that site.

That selection of electric pumps is what you'd call cheapies. The medium-price pumps cost $60 to $100 but are MUCH more capable. Search for terms like Q-Industries, SuperFlow, and MasterFlow. Those pumps are the low end choice of off-roaders who have much larger tires to deal with so need more serious pumps. Not to say the Harbor Freight one wouldn't do the job for AX.
Earl Merz
Club: No$
Car#: 40

Post by Earl Merz »

I wonder how my factory air pump would stack up? Since I didn't get a spare with my Camaro, I got a can of tire sealant and an air compressor.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE with Nav (need it to find my way around the course)
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Post by Anthony P. »

Earl Merz wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:32 am I wonder how my factory air pump would stack up? Since I didn't get a spare with my Camaro, I got a can of tire sealant and an air compressor.
seems like you could deflate it and try for 35 psi, or however much it will do in 10 min, since they all seem to be able to handle that.