Palero's Audi

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Palero's Audi

Post by Kurt Rahn »

I love that thing. Under braking it dives better than Greg Louganis and has more body roll than a sumo wrestler! It looked like a complete blast to drive! And I loved the three-person ride-along on Sat. What? You couldn't get a fourth to go with you?
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 18

Re: Palero's Audi

Post by Michael Palero »

Kurt Rahn wrote:I love that thing. Under braking it dives better than Greg Louganis and has more body roll than a sumo wrestler! It looked like a complete blast to drive! And I loved the three-person ride-along on Sat. What? You couldn't get a fourth to go with you?
:lol:

I had to BEG Nicole to ride along in it as the 3rd passenger. She said something about the car not looking safe with all that body lean. blah blah blah.

About the 90Q:
It *IS* a blast to drive!

I drove a total of 7 laps in the car and I came across the finish smiling each time.
I also had a harder time concentrating driving because I couldn't stop laughing every time I reached the slalom.
It's that [strikeout]bad[/strikeout] good!

Patty Wang & Nicole Nagler on riding/driving the Audi 90 Quattro:
"It makes my cheeks hurt alot because I can't stop laughing while I'm in it."

It was awesome. During a ride along the car was leaning so much Nicole said she looked out her backseat window and saw nothing but the ground.
Will Kalman
Club: PSCC
Car#: 232

Post by Will Kalman »

I was entertained as the starter yesterday when you'd leave the line, the front would rise so high that I could readily see half the spring elongate to something like twice it's resting length! And it looks like those slicks were wearing well.

"Slicks" are what you call tires that have had the sidewall lettering scrubbed off, right?
Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!

Post by Michael Palero »

Will Kalman wrote:I was entertained as the starter yesterday when you'd leave the line, the front would rise so high that I could readily see half the spring elongate to something like twice it's resting length!
It was interesting... at launch the car points itself sky-high, then wants to move.
Max says my car needs more rebound in the front shocks. :lol:
Will Kalman wrote:and it looks like those slicks were wearing well. "Slicks" are what you call tires that have had the sidewall lettering scrubbed off, right?
Speaking of sidewall scrubbing, I think I might have rolled over onto my wheels. :oops:

I have no wear on my sidewalls, but now marks on the outside edge of my two front wheels that I don't remember having.
:idea: Was it possible the front tires deflected so much that I was cornering on my wheels?
I *thought* 39 psi all around would be enough for the 195/60R14s. I had no visible scrubbing of the tire past the shoulders of the tire or on the sidewalls.
James Wilson
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 61

Post by James Wilson »

Dude, we ran 48psi and 60psi sometimes on the Subaru to keep that from happening....depends on the tire and construction....most street tires ain't Azenis, and need some air for artificial sidewall enhancement :)
'00 Subaru Legacy
http://www.Cam-FX.com
United States of Texas
Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!

Post by Michael Palero »

In case anyone was wondering...

My new chick magnet*:

*my car has a few more dents, missing exterior trim pieces, dings a bit more faded paint, cracks in the bumper and places with no paint at all.
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Thank goodness Mike has Patty ... because no others are "attracted" to his mannet. :mrgreen: