i need some help

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Jesse Gengenbach

i need some help

Post by Jesse Gengenbach »

Hey guys just wanted to say thanks so much for the help at the last event. yes i am the crazy marine with the camaro that was sliding every where. i plan on running in the qualcomm event and i dont know what class i should run.my car is stock but wheels and tires and rotors tire size is 275 40 17 street tires.
i plan on putting on some new rear shocks and a strut tower brace. So what class should i run in??? :? Again thank you to all the instructors that took time out of there day to help a new guy to solo2 racing cant wait to see you again Image
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Re: i need some help

Post by Sebastian Rios »

jesse gengenbach wrote:Hey guys just wanted to say thanks so much for the help at the last event. yes i am the crazy marine with the camaro that was sliding every where. i plan on running in the qualcomm event and i dont know what class i should run.my car is stock but wheels and tires and rotors tire size is 275 40 17 street tires.
i plan on putting on some new rear shocks and a strut tower brace. So what class should i run in??? :? Again thank you to all the instructors that took time out of there day to help a new guy to solo2 racing cant wait to see you again
I think with those mods you are eligible for STU. The planned mods (shocks and strut tower brace) are also OK for STU.
Last edited by Sebastian Rios on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

jesse gengenbach wrote:i plan on putting on some new rear shocks and a strut tower brace. So what class should i run in??? :? Again thank you to all the instructors that took time out of there day to help a new guy to solo2 racing cant wait to see you again
STU does sound like the right fit for your direction. Since it doesn't look like you'd want to downgrade to stock, I'd suggest that you think about doing all four struts and throwing some lowering springs in there while your at it instead of just rear struts.. It'll make the car much more enjoyable in AutoX and springs shouldn't be too much more $$. Would still be STU legal, but the first big steps to being much more competitive.

Jay W
Jesse Gengenbach

Post by Jesse Gengenbach »

yes i would love to go all out on $$ for the car but as a E2 pay grade i make allmost no money at all around 550$ a pay check so im kinda stuck
Reijo Silvennoinen
Club: CASOC
Car#: 60

Post by Reijo Silvennoinen »

If you still have the stock wheels/parts, you might want to "downgrade" for autocross events - cheaper to be competitive then. Stock wheels can also be "cheap" to buy....then leave your aftermarket ones for the street.

Reijo
Reijo
BS - CASOC
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." - Earl Weaver
http://www.RASEInc.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

STU might be a little vicious, mainly because we have some of the fastest guys in the country in that class. And the camaro has never been particularly the car to have there. But its fun and you fit.

And it would take light stock size wheels, hoosiers and really expensive shocks, exhaust, and front bar to compete to the fullest in F-Stock.

So, I say run where you fit, let the national types take the trophies, and just focus on fun times and driving to your own cars limits.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Reijo Silvennoinen wrote:If you still have the stock wheels/parts, you might want to "downgrade" for autocross events - cheaper to be competitive then. Stock wheels can also be "cheap" to buy....then leave your aftermarket ones for the street.

Reijo
I haven't found that running in a stock class is cheap, especially with the crazy Canadiens coming here to win all the tires. :D
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Glenn Duensing
Car#: 28
Location: Relaxin' and chillin' on the third rock from the Sun.

Post by Glenn Duensing »

Jesse, just run ESP. F-bodies are't very good in the "ST" classes.

Again Sam Strano Email: strano@stranoparts.com

Jason Swindell info@UnbalancedEngineering.com

Jason is a local guy that has developed suspension products for 4th gens.
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Glenn Duensing wrote:Jesse, just run ESP. F-bodies are't very good in the "ST" classes.

Again Sam Strano Email: strano@stranoparts.com

Jason Swindell info@UnbalancedEngineering.com

Jason is a local guy that has developed suspension products for 4th gens.
Hey, we could use a few more folks in STU for the SD div. ESP is fun, but it aint cheap. Those Camaros also start to slowly tear themselves in half once they start running the R-comp tires you need in ESP.