CS miata question

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Re: CS miata question

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Mako Koiwai wrote:How about a storage facility that has those opening to the outside storage rooms ... get one on the shady side of the building. Unfortunately they tend to be the bigger "rooms," ie. expensive. The fellow next to me (mine opens to the inside corridor however) has a dragster in his. Next to him is a Motul dealer's store room. My facility has a few "just the right size for a small trailer" rooms with roll up doors right next to the entrance/exit, on the cool AC'ed inside, that would be perfect ... use to be around $200/month ... but those are hard to get.

On the other hand ... Gary Thomason always drives to the event on his 710's. Doesn't Steve Abbott also ...
So does Jason I.
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote: So how about two on the Tire Tail, one in the trunk and one on the parcel shelf?
It's just a matter of shelling out the dough for the hitch and tail. There's other expenses I want to deal with before that, though.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

How 'bout sitting on one, putting one on your head like a crown, and hanging one each over the port and starboard sides to protect against hitting the dock. ;)
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Thomason, Isley, Abbott.... I guess if those guys wanted to be fast they'd trailer.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Don Salyers
Club: No$
Car#: 42

Post by Don Salyers »

Leonard Cachola wrote:S'ok. Been looking at my options and I'm getting there... it won't happen this season, though, as I've still got another set of Falkens to go through before this happens. Considered a tire tail, but I don't like the idea of putting that much load on the rear shocks for the 110 mile round-trip.

I've thought about a storage room, too, but I can't justify $200/month for tire/trailer storage!

A few other things may happen that could change things for me, but it's wait-and-see at this point. I've thought about driving on them as well - I think the Lynches do this, too, right?
Leonard, you can store them--trailer or tires--in fact, you can use my trailer--at my house in Ontario. Change them here or pick-um up... What's another stack of tires or a trailer they would be amongst friends.

Don
Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 18

Post by Michael Palero »

If you can't cut out the foam, can I heat/treat/spill things on it until it gets small enough for me to sit where I want to sit?
Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Thomason, Isley, Abbott.... I guess if those guys wanted to be fast they'd trailer.
1. Yes, the FCM bump stops are legal on a Miata. Stops mounted on a shocks can be changed, you just can not shorten the distance between the body and the stop (you cant hit the stop sooner).

2. Yes, we are a bunch of dummies that drive more on our R tires than you ST clowns drive your your "real" street tires. Don't tell Cole, his world may fall apart. :lol:

3. A set of race tires and a nice piece of glass will make a great table in your studio, when not in use. 8-)
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote: 3. A set of race tires and a nice piece of glass will make a great table in your studio, when not in use. 8-)
Actually, I've got enough closet space to store two sets of tires, so I'm good there. Just no room for a trailer.
~Leonard Cachola
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator

Don Salyers wrote: Leonard, you can store them--trailer or tires--in fact, you can use my trailer--at my house in Ontario. Change them here or pick-um up... What's another stack of tires or a trailer they would be amongst friends.

Don
Thanks, Don. I may take you up on that offer someday soon. We'll talk later. :D
~Leonard Cachola