Hoosiers cheaper then Tire Rack. Go here.

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Steve Abbott
Club: CASOC
Car#: 48

Hoosiers cheaper then Tire Rack. Go here.

Post by Steve Abbott »

This is my second set from Lee. Over $100 savings. Free shipping also.
http://racetireusa.com/racehoosier.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ask for Lee. 773 885-5878

Steve A.
Thomas Barrett
Club: GRA
Car#: 519

Re: Hoosiers cheaper then Tire Rack. Go here.

Post by Thomas Barrett »

Thanks Steve, great deals for sure.

Thanks for sharing this info.

It will save me a ton.
Tom Barrett
Corvette Specialty C6
Solo Safety Steward
Life is like a race, the best times win!
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Don't forget the National Solo program relies on the Tire Rack sponsorship, the SCCA has been very clear that if they lost that sponsorship they'd probably have to shut National Solo down. If you can afford it, support those that support our sport.

I always make sure I let them know when I'm buying, why they are getting my business.
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:Don't forget the National Solo program relies on the Tire Rack sponsorship, the SCCA has been very clear that if they lost that sponsorship they'd probably have to shut National Solo down. If you can afford it, support those that support our sport.

I always make sure I let them know when I'm buying, why they are getting my business.
+1 What the lanky git said
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Steve Abbott wrote:This is my second set from Lee. Over $100 savings. Free shipping also.
http://racetireusa.com/racehoosier.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Steve A.
How much does he contribute to the national/regional/divisional programs?

Edit - nevermind - Aaron said it best.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Michael Smith
Car#: 21

Post by Michael Smith »

So this one guy is going to take down the National Solo program?
No way.
More regional drivers would benefit with these lower costs.

If your racing in National events then buy from Tire Rack.
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Michael Smith wrote: More regional drivers would benefit with these lower costs.

A somewhat shortsighted view, I feel.
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Michael Smith

Post by Michael Smith »

how many drivers compete in nationals vs. how many drivers compete nationwide in regional solo events including non scca.
Aaron Goldsmith

Michael Smith wrote:how many drivers compete in nationals vs. how many drivers compete nationwide in regional solo events including non scca.
Exactly, if TireRack doesn't sell to regional folks then million dollar sponsorships stop making sense.
Aaron Goldsmith

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:
Michael Smith wrote:how many drivers compete in nationals vs. how many drivers compete nationwide in regional solo events including non scca.
Exactly, if TireRack doesn't sell to regional folks then million dollar sponsorships stop making sense.
Actually, that's totally not the argument I should make. If you're a regional competitor who doesn't care about contingency or sponsorship then you'd probably want to run V710's anyway since they last longer and are extremely close performance wise, they're also cheaper and tirerack sells them:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp ... Ecsta+V710" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Michael Smith wrote:So this one guy is going to take down the National Solo program?
No way.
More regional drivers would benefit with these lower costs.

I think the thought is to try to support Tire Rack; no one is saying that you're a pariah if you don't buy from them.

One thing to think about, though: w/o Tire Rack (or the equivalent super generous sponsor), no SCCA; w/o SCCA, no insurance; no ins., no lot; no lot, no Solo for ANYONE! And no, that's not an extreme line of reasoning.*

*Full disclosure: I am one of those Evil National-Types, only out for myself and look upon all non-national types as mere plebs (except for Max: he's a National type AND a pleb.)
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Michael Smith

Post by Michael Smith »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:
Aaron Goldsmith wrote:
Actually, that's totally not the argument I should make. If you're a regional competitor who doesn't care about contingency or sponsorship then you'd probably want to run V710's anyway since they last longer and are extremely close performance wise, they're also cheaper and tirerack sells them:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp ... Ecsta+V710" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
After 15 years or so, Tire Rack will not back out of sponsorship because of one Hoosier dealer.
Tire Rack's exposure because of SCCA is more valuable to them.

Good point about the V710.
Don Salyers
Car#: 42

Post by Don Salyers »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:
Aaron, I agree with you completely, but, don't you drive a car that may use those slicks that are hanging around somewhere---that Tirerack doesn't sell!!

I buy all my tires from Tirerack, including new ones for my Pacifica, except the ones I race on---because they don't carry them..... }:)

Don
Michael Smith

Post by Michael Smith »

Bill Schenker wrote: I think the thought is to try to support Tire Rack; no one is saying that you're a pariah if you don't buy from them.
One thing to think about, though: w/o Tire Rack (or the equivalent super generous sponsor), no SCCA; w/o SCCA, no insurance; no ins., no lot; no lot, no Solo for ANYONE! And no, that's not an extreme line of reasoning.*

*Full disclosure: I am one of those Evil National-Types, only out for myself and look upon all non-national types as mere plebs (except for Max: he's a National type AND a pleb.)
I understand both sides. Good to have several people chime in.
Aaron Goldsmith

Don Salyers wrote:
Aaron, I agree with you completely, but, don't you drive a car that may use those slicks that are hanging around somewhere---that Tirerack doesn't sell!!

I buy all my tires from Tirerack, including new ones for my Pacifica, except the ones I race on---because they don't carry them..... }:)

Don
Yeah, but I buy my street tires from them and i've probably bought 8-10 full sets of tires from them in the last 2 years. Doin my part, :lol:
Michael Smith

Post by Michael Smith »

Bill Schenker wrote: One thing to think about, though: w/o Tire Rack (or the equivalent super generous sponsor), no SCCA; w/o SCCA, no insurance; no ins., no lot; no lot, no Solo for ANYONE! And no, that's not an extreme line of reasoning.*
I've done a Speed Venture solo event. :| No cone wrangling for entrants.
Plus there's always the Chrysler Racing Autox Professionals that hold events. Ok. made that up.
Corvair club, here we come!
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Michael Smith wrote:If your racing in National events then buy from Tire Rack.
You may not realize this, but our region financially benefits from the national and divisional events that it will host. This isn't a national type vs. local type issue.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Randy Chase
Club: PSCC
Car#: 98

Post by Randy Chase »

I find it refreshing that some people see the big picture and support those companies that support the sport.

But I am biased.
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
Official provider to SCCA ProRacing, V8Supercars, Mazdaspeed, and more....
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
Michael Smith

Post by Michael Smith »

because without those companies, the sport will die.
SCCA - Born from sponsorship.
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

I also feel that it is important to support those that support us, and agree with Randy that its a "big picture" thing!
Steve Abbott
Car#: 48

Post by Steve Abbott »

I would have never posted this if I thought it would cause such a problem. Why don't you post all the supporting vendors on this site. Put as a sticky. Now if someone tries to help, or inform us and there promoting a non supporting vendor you can come down on them with all barrels firing. Thank You.

Steve A.
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Steve Abbott wrote:I would have never posted this if I thought it would cause such a problem. Why don't you post all the supporting vendors on this site. Put as a sticky. Now if someone tries to help, or inform us and there promoting a non supporting vendor you can come down on them with all barrels firing. Thank You.

Steve A.
Agree Steve, there's no need for all the drama :thumbup:

Thanks for the info. I buy wheels and all kind of tires from tirerack, just got a set in for my Benz. The saving's from your post could help someone to actually keep racing and that has to be better for all involved. Participants/Volunteers are just as important as sponsors. If I'm a sponsor I'll find out how someone else is beating my prices and help out the little guys I am sponsoring.

Feel free to tear me a new one people...ready set go :unimpressed:
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Bob Pl
Club: GRA
Car#: 26

Post by Bob Pl »

Steve Abbott wrote:This is my second set from Lee. Over $100 savings. Free shipping also.

Steve A.

Thanks Steve, saves me about the same which $100 can go to entering a couple of regional events, every bit saved counts.

Especially if you don't get sponser parts/$$ or win free tires once in a while.

Nothing against those that do.

;)

TR does get my business for rotors & pads so I think it all balances out in the end.

:thumbup:
Aaron Goldsmith

Theo Osifeso wrote: Feel free to tear me a new one people...ready set go :unimpressed:
I don't think any posts in this thread could be considered "tearing somone a new one", well maybe Bill's.. :lol:
Aaron Goldsmith

Steve Abbott wrote:I would have never posted this if I thought it would cause such a problem. Why don't you post all the supporting vendors on this site. Put as a sticky. Now if someone tries to help, or inform us and there promoting a non supporting vendor you can come down on them with all barrels firing. Thank You.

Steve A.
You know we love you Steve, especially Max.. I mean it.. you might wanna install a security system.