Still time to sign up for SFR Divisional

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Michael Wood

Still time to sign up for SFR Divisional

Post by Michael Wood »

There's still time to sign up for next weekend's NorCal Divisional, for those still on the fence. It is part of the 3 event Northern Pacific Divisional series, culminating at the Packwood Tour (which is also the Western States Championship).

I had a chance today to look at the "big lot" at Great America where we will be running on and it looks pretty darn good...lots of space, 60 second course should be no problem. There will be a Friday dinner and Saturday lunch included and there are a bunch of hotels within sight of the site...

On line registration closes Wednesday at midnight. C'mon on up, this should be fun. :)

-Mike

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/ ... 42ACCB0B7F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eric Clements
Solo Safety Steward
Club: No$
Car#: 30

Re: Still time to sign up for SFR Divisional

Post by Eric Clements »

Am I the only one just now hearing about this event?

Divisional series info can be found where?

Is this a new lot at mid-America or the wavy one?

Onsite overnight RVing OK?

Course designer?

For those going, the Embassy suittes is better than the Hilton.
Michael Wood

Post by Michael Wood »

Eric Clements wrote:Am I the only one just now hearing about this event?

Divisional series info can be found where?

Is this a new lot at mid-America or the wavy one?

Onsite overnight RVing OK?

Course designer?

For those going, the Embassy suittes is better than the Hilton.
Okay, in order:
1. I don't know why this wasn't made better known to the SoCal folks.
2. http://www.scca.org/contentpage.aspx?content=119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3. This is a new lot, quite a bit bigger and appears flatter...still some undulations, but nothing like the small lot we ran on today. In any case, MUCH better than Golden Gate Fields.
4. Unfortunately, we couldn't get clearance on overnight RV parking...I wanted it, too!
5. I believe Charlie Davis is doing the course.

Also, there is a Hyatt right near by that has low weekend rates, as it is really a convention hotel.
Eric Clements
Solo Safety Steward
Club: No$
Car#: 30

Post by Eric Clements »

Best two out of three series?
Keith Brown
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 96

Post by Keith Brown »

Yes the NORPAC divisional series is best 2 of 3 Great America, Helena, and Packwood.
Keith
1990 Miata with the really big roll bar
http://www.chaserace.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.tightntidyracing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.vorschlag.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.ast-usa.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Michael Wood

Post by Michael Wood »

^what Keith said :D
Michael Wood

Post by Michael Wood »

Looks like we've picked up a few more entries from Cal Club and SD. Thanks to all who are supporting this event and making the drive up. It should be good.

Also, you have until midnight to register, so vote early, vote often...or something like that... :lol:
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Michael Wood wrote:Looks like we've picked up a few more entries from Cal Club and SD. Thanks to all who are supporting this event and making the drive up. It should be good.

Also, you have until midnight to register, so vote early, vote often...or something like that... :lol:
Mike, as an FYI, if your region plans this for next year, give us a heads up, so we can do some heavy promotion, and perhaps work with you on dates so that there's no conflict with our region, and that way Cal Clubbers can make the drive up.
Michael Wood

Post by Michael Wood »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
Michael Wood wrote:Looks like we've picked up a few more entries from Cal Club and SD. Thanks to all who are supporting this event and making the drive up. It should be good.

Mike, as an FYI, if your region plans this for next year, give us a heads up, so we can do some heavy promotion, and perhaps work with you on dates so that there's no conflict with our region, and that way Cal Clubbers can make the drive up.
That is a very good point.

I wasn't too involved, this year, and didn't even sign up until the day I put this post up here. I think we kind of fast tracked the process, as the big lot at GA became available at the last moment, and didn't have anyone on point to publicize the event outside the region. Result is we only have about 140 entries for what should be a 250 entry event. :cry:
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Michael Wood wrote:I wasn't too involved, this year, and didn't even sign up until the day I put this post up here. I think we kind of fast tracked the process, as the big lot at GA became available at the last moment, and didn't have anyone on point to publicize the event outside the region. Result is we only have about 140 entries for what should be a 250 entry event. :cry:
Ah makes sense. Well hopefully you can do it for next year, and you'll definitely get Cal Club and San Diego region members come up.
Katy Nicholls
Club: CASOC
Car#: 235

Post by Katy Nicholls »

What a bummer. This would have been a fun event to attend.

Yes, please do pass along to the organizers that the SoCal folks would have loved to be kept in the loop. Many of SD and CalClubers drove up in 2008? and it was an absolute blast!

Katy
Michael Wood

Post by Michael Wood »

Thanks to those of you who came up and played this weekend. It was good to see old friends and make a few new ones.

Weather was pretty amazing on Saturday, even for NorCal...I don't think I've ever been at an autocross that was quite that cold and dreary. Thank goodness we had some dry weather on Sunday, along with some sunshine.

We're already talking about doing it again next year and, again, it will be in Feb, as that is the only time we can get that very big lot at Great America. With more normal weather (heck, it was 75 degrees two weeks earlier) and more chance to keep the course/line clean, it should be fun. And it might end being kind of a neat "season opener" type of event, as it is the earliest date on the Divisional/Tour schedule.
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Any results posted, Mike?
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Jeff Wong
Car#: 146

Post by Jeff Wong »

Max Hayter wrote:Any results posted, Mike?
http://www.sfr-solo.org/solo2/Results/2 ... 0Final.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jeff Wong
1994 Honda Civic- STS
ProParts USA
Like Us on Facebook
Michael Wood

Post by Michael Wood »

^Thanks, Jeff.

Also, conditions really moved around both days, so it is hard to get much info outside of in a specific class...(that's my excuse, anyhow!)...no, seriously, conditions were constantly changing. Saturday went from damp to wet to wetter to less wet and Sunday started damp and got better as the day went on.
Max Hayter

Post by Max Hayter »

Nice result for Charlie Davis - the old man still has some mad skillz :thumbup:
~Max H.

#31 SSC
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Jeff Wong wrote:
Max Hayter wrote:Any results posted, Mike?
http://www.sfr-solo.org/solo2/Results/2 ... 0Final.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nicely done Jeff, very close 0.317.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Max Hayter wrote:Nice result for Charlie Davis - the old man still has some mad skillz :thumbup:
Shut it... :x
Jeff Wong
Car#: 146

Post by Jeff Wong »

Max Hayter wrote:Nice result for Charlie Davis - the old man still has some mad skillz :thumbup:
Max, how did San Diego go? :D
Jeff Wong
1994 Honda Civic- STS
ProParts USA
Like Us on Facebook
Max Hayter

Post by Max Hayter »

Jeff Wong wrote:
Max, how did San Diego go? :D
I was leading PAX after three runs. Unfortunately there were four runs!
~Max H.

#31 SSC
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Max Hayter wrote: I was leading PAX after three runs. Unfortunately there were four runs!
I was leading PAX after Saturday. Unfortunately there was Sunday!
Max Hayter

Post by Max Hayter »

Sebastian Rios wrote:
Max Hayter wrote: I was leading PAX after three runs. Unfortunately there were four runs!
I was leading PAX after Saturday. Unfortunately there was Sunday!
It's a good job that there's no gambling involved with SCCA, or I would have lost a lot of money on you and Jeff!
~Max H.

#31 SSC
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Max Hayter wrote: It's a good job that there's no gambling involved with SCCA, or I would have lost a lot of money on you and Jeff!
Wait. There's no gambling? George, we have to talk about this team points thing.............
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Michael Wood

Post by Michael Wood »

I won a bundle :P