Apr Fastrack

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Apr Fastrack

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Full: http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastrack/ ... -april.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Solo: http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastrack/ ... l-solo.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Re: Apr Fastrack

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Hot Damn, I'd like to be the first to congratulate the new king of the proposed CSP Carl Vanderschuit. :lol:
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Interesting....
The SEB approved Kevin Youngers and Andy Hollis as the course designers.
How are Andy's courses?
Jason Isley BS RX8

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:Interesting....
How are Andy's courses?
The last natls course he did (2005 north) started with a slalom that ran nearly the length of one side, it felt like it was 20 cones long, other than that it was good. :lol:
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote:
Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:Interesting....
How are Andy's courses?
The last natls course he did (2005 north) started with a slalom that ran nearly the length of one side, it felt like it was 20 cones long, other than that it was good. :lol:
I'm not as opposed to that as I used to be....
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 18

Post by Michael Palero »

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote: The last natls course he did (2005 north) started with a slalom that ran nearly the length of one side, it felt like it was 20 cones long, other than that it was good. :lol:
20 cone slalom? Better buy a new set of running shoes and start training for that marathon now
Jason Isley BS RX8

Michael Palero wrote:
Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote: The last natls course he did (2005 north) started with a slalom that ran nearly the length of one side, it felt like it was 20 cones long, other than that it was good. :lol:
20 cone slalom? Better buy a new set of running shoes and start training for that marathon now
It was really only five or six cones, just felt long and stressful. :lol:
Jason Rhoades

Post by Jason Rhoades »

Andy's course was good. It had to be changed at one point because the rains came and washed away a bunch of its path. In doing so we lost a fun fast section, but gained a slow corner followed by a short straight, which ended up being the most exciting section of course over both days, in a gajillion hp SM2 C5.
Jason Uyeda

Post by Jason Uyeda »

hmmmm.....
Curt Luther
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

Post by Curt Luther »

Jason Uyeda wrote:hmmmm.....
...says the man with perfectly a perfectly good S2000 and Boxster S in his golf bag of cars...
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.
Robert Puertas
Car#: 44

Post by Robert Puertas »

Curt Luther wrote:
...says the man with a perfectly good S2000 and Boxster S and C4 Grand Sport in his golf bag of cars...
Fixed that for you...
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Though I'm familiar with the following cars sold by Pontiac, and I know many GM cars across brands are re-badged something else-es, I must admit missing the Saturn badge re-engineering's of the following products:

- Move from CSP to DSP all cars currently classed in CSP with the exception of the cars listed below:
Pontiac & Saturn
Fiero (V6)

- Move from BSP to CSP:
Pontiac & Saturn
Firebird Firehawk SLP (1990-92) (3rd gen, 383cid)
Firebird Firehawk SLP (1993-2002) (4th gen, 383cid)
Curt Luther
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

Post by Curt Luther »

Craig Naylor wrote:Though I'm familiar with the following cars sold by Pontiac, and I know many GM cars across brands are re-badged something else-es, I must admit missing the Saturn badge re-engineering's of the following products:

- Move from CSP to DSP all cars currently classed in CSP with the exception of the cars listed below:
Pontiac & Saturn
Fiero (V6)

- Move from BSP to CSP:
Pontiac & Saturn
Firebird Firehawk SLP (1990-92) (3rd gen, 383cid)
Firebird Firehawk SLP (1993-2002) (4th gen, 383cid)
It's the gateway to just saying "Defunct GM Brands". Suprised it doesn't lump in Oldsmobile as well...
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.
Jason Isley BS RX8

Robert Puertas wrote:
Curt Luther wrote:
...says the man with a perfectly good S2000 and Boxster S, C4 Grand Sport and EVO in his golf bag of cars...
Fixed that for you...
No, I fixed that for you.
Robert Puertas

Post by Robert Puertas »

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote:
Robert Puertas wrote:
Curt Luther wrote: ...says the man with a perfectly good S2000 and Boxster S, C4 Grand Sport and EVO in his golf bag of cars...
Fixed that for you...
No, I fixed that for you.
Sorry if you can't keep up Jason, but we were just listing his cars that will be eligible for the new CSP. ;)
Michael Wood

Post by Michael Wood »

So, this new SP proposal gives the guys who have been pissed since the Evo was moved from ESP their field of dreams...so, looks like they may build it, question is will they come?

Seriously, given that no one was ever going to come around to AWDSP, seems that classing the given turbo cars together is the next best logic.

Another question: If the proposal flies, does someone just build a 986/3.6 liter/5sp frankenBoxster and put the smackdown on the class and re-piss off the old school guys, part II? :lol:
Robert Puertas

Post by Robert Puertas »

I always figured the franken boxster was the car that could de-throne the Evo.
Even at a Pro.

So if it did dominate this new CSP and get bumped up, I don't imagine it would be relegated to back marker status...
John Coffey
Car#: 250

Post by John Coffey »

Good move by the SPAC regarding GSP and the reshuffling of the cars.
Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Michael Wood wrote:So, this new SP proposal gives the guys who have been pissed since the Evo was moved from ESP their field of dreams...so, looks like they may build it, question is will they come?

Seriously, given that no one was ever going to come around to AWDSP, seems that classing the given turbo cars together is the next best logic.

Another question: If the proposal flies, does someone just build a 986/3.6 liter/5sp frankenBoxster and put the smackdown on the class and re-piss off the old school guys, part II? :lol:
You're running a year behind Mike on both. BSP was 11 entries at Dixie and the 10 at the upcoming SD Tour, shoot only 2 of the entries at the tour are AWD and of anywhere in the country we localy have the most experience with a crazy fast AWD BSP Cars.

FrankenBosxter is built, it's entered in the SD tour. Carl was .3 off of Marshall on Sunday.
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

- Move from FSP to GSP all cars currently classed in FSP
- Move from DSP to FSP all cars currently classed in DSP
- Move from CSP to DSP...
- Move from BSP to CSP...
I guess I should put this here too :D

http://www.JayComVinyl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Magnets, sticky vinyl, etc.

woodrufj@jaycomservices.com

Jay W
Carl Vanderschuit

Post by Carl Vanderschuit »

I would not mind having to buy some new Magnets :D
Michael Wood

Post by Michael Wood »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:
Michael Wood wrote:So, this new SP proposal gives the guys who have been pissed since the Evo was moved from ESP their field of dreams...so, looks like they may build it, question is will they come?

You're running a year behind Mike on both. BSP was 11 entries at Dixie and the 10 at the upcoming SD Tour, shoot only 2 of the entries at the tour are AWD and of anywhere in the country we localy have the most experience with a crazy fast AWD BSP Cars.

FrankenBosxter is built, it's entered in the SD tour. Carl was .3 off of Marshall on Sunday.
Only a year behind? That's pretty good!

If you look at Nationals, there're plenty of Evos...I think they represented all but three cars in BSP. Given that the years you would want to start a BSP build are now 5+ years old (fully depreciated, plus all the wrecked parts donors out there), I think the barriers to entry are becoming a lot lower. Add in the possible STU cars that want to have grip to match the rest of their set up and the new BSP probably continues to be a well subscribed SP class.

I love the idea of a Frankenboxster, but I wonder if the SEB ultimately forces breaking up the 986 and 987 lines...