Very cool = Ken Motonishi

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Very cool = Ken Motonishi

Post by Arthur Grant »

Specaial shout of thanks to Ken Motonishi and his wife for coming to my rescue today on the drive home. Realized on the way home via the 71 I was hungry (being a diabetic you don't ignore that). So I saw and In-N-Out sign and stopped in for a double double. Went to catch the freeway and couldn't get clear to get make the left turn on so went down a little way and made a U-turn. Not sure if I accelerated to fast (3 lane U-turn) or the post that had come loose on the way in gave way and the weight shifted (I vote for to fast on the U-turn) but anyway rolled the tire trailer and dumped everything in the slow lane. A really cool dude just walking down the street jumped out to help me gather all my stuff up and get it to the curb, another guy bloked the lane for me with his Tacoma and joined in helping me get everything over. So after they left I am wrenching on the trailer trying to figure how I am going to pack every think in, especially 4 275/17 tires.

At this point Ken and his wife stop in their mini van and offer to help me. Very cool, after looking situation over, Ken who is on the way to a family part with his wife and kid (daughter I believe. Could see in the car seat from behind) offers persistently to load my brake dust covered wheels and my EZ up into his nice clean mini van. This is very cool, even more it meant him returning home to drop off my stuff before going to his event. I protested but his wife agreed with him, even a tiny little voice from the car seat said it's ok we can do it. I mean a who family of caring how cool. Ken and I had never even met in person. It should be pointed out he even offered to take all my stuff over to his place, but I decided to load up the odds and ends and take my trailer with it's right wheels new found 10-15 degrees of positive camber home.

Thanks very much to the whole Motonishi family for carring and pitching in to help a fellow Solo driver. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Re: Very cool = Ken Motonishi

Post by George Schilling »

Arthur Grant wrote:Specaial shout of thanks to Ken Motonishi and his wife for coming to my rescue today on the drive home. Realized on the way home via the 71 I was hungry (being a diabetic you don't ignore that). So I saw and In-N-Out sign and stopped in for a double double. Went to catch the freeway and couldn't get clear to get make the left turn on so went down a little way and made a U-turn. Not sure if I accelerated to fast (3 lane U-turn) or the post that had come loose on the way in gave way and the weight shifted (I vote for to fast on the U-turn) but anyway rolled the tire trailer and dumped everything in the slow lane. A really cool dude just walking down the street jumped out to help me gather all my stuff up and get it to the curb, another guy bloked the lane for me with his Tacoma and joined in helping me get everything over. So after they left I am wrenching on the trailer trying to figure how I am going to pack every think in, especially 4 275/17 tires.

At this point Ken and his wife stop in their mini van and offer to help me. Very cool, after looking situation over, Ken who is on the way to a family part with his wife and kid (daughter I believe. Could see in the car seat from behind) offers persistently to load my brake dust covered wheels and my EZ up into his nice clean mini van. This is very cool, even more it meant him returning home to drop off my stuff before going to his event. I protested but his wife agreed with him, even a tiny little voice from the car seat said it's ok we can do it. I mean a who family of caring how cool. Ken and I had never even met in person. It should be pointed out he even offered to take all my stuff over to his place, but I decided to load up the odds and ends and take my trailer with it's right wheels new found 10-15 degrees of positive camber home.

Thanks very much to the whole Motonishi family for carring and pitching in to help a fellow Solo driver. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
It's nice to read stories about people helping people. We are fortunate to have a lot of that in Solo. :thumbup:

Glad things worked out Art. Way to go Ken and family. :thumbup:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Cam Correa
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 306

Post by Cam Correa »

Wow dude! Glad your ok, sounds pretty scary!
I remember looking at your trailer set up & thinking it was pretty cool & considering doing something like that for my Miata..
Glad everything worked out well for you & I hope your feeling much better/healthier now.
http://www.Class3Racing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.TheWebWheeler.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Arthur, omg that suck! Glad everything worked out.

Class act Ken :thumbup:
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Trailer should be back up and running by next event. That is if I can get a new wheel hub assembly.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

That's the cool side to our sport! :thumbup:
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Mike Yanase
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 16

Post by Mike Yanase »

go ken! :gpower:
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

Arthur Grant wrote:Trailer should be back up and running by next event. That is if I can get a new wheel hub assembly.
the untold danger of towing a trailer with a corvette....you're just too damn fast for it. :lol:
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Marshall Grice wrote:
Arthur Grant wrote:Trailer should be back up and running by next event. That is if I can get a new wheel hub assembly.
the untold danger of towing a trailer with a corvette....you're just too damn fast for it. :lol:
Wish I were fast where it counts.
Mark Duerst
Club: GRA
Car#: 173

Post by Mark Duerst »

Somewhere, Leslie has this great picture of our small HF trailer being towed on the back of a flatbed. We were returning from nationals, towing the trailer behind the Corvette, where it broke down on I-40 near Flagstaff. Not being in CA, we found a welder, bought a new tire and rim and were on our merry way.
Mark Duerst
Randy Chase
Club: PSCC
Car#: 98

Post by Randy Chase »

Awesome story regards to Ken. Glad it all worked out.

p.s. If you have Ken in your car heading back from Baby Doll's in Topeka at 2:00am, the story is radically different. }:)
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
Official provider to SCCA ProRacing, V8Supercars, Mazdaspeed, and more....
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Ken Motonishi ate my babies :unimpressed:
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

I too can attest to Ken's generosity and kindness. When my first kart got stolen, he had one he wasn't using and basically gave it to me to use until I got a replacement, which was quite a while.

We'll just leave the Kendra stories to another thread.............
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Doug Kott
Car#: 300

Post by Doug Kott »

That's great. I take back all those really terrible things I've said about Ken over the last decade or so.

(kidding) :P
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Now I feel bad for totally flaking on him Saturday... :?
Tom Denham
Car#: 237

Post by Tom Denham »

Max Hayter wrote:Ken Motonishi ate my babies :unimpressed:

:lol: is that what you call them???
Ken Motonishi
Car#: 491

Post by Ken Motonishi »

Randy Chase wrote:Awesome story regards to Ken. Glad it all worked out.

p.s. If you have Ken in your car heading back from Baby Doll's in Topeka at 2:00am, the story is radically different. }:)
Lol. Hey that was long time ago....those were the good old days. That's mostly what I remember from Kansas. Don't remember the autox stuff much.

This thread is getting embarrassingly long. In the end I'm only an awesome guy if Jeff Wong loves me back.
:D
Dood, are you gonna eat that?
Ron Tsumura
Car#: 190

Post by Ron Tsumura »

I was hoping Tom T. would do a documentary on Autocross like the "On Any Sunday".
He could follow the life of K Mho and call it "Everybody Loves Ken". :computer:
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Ken Motonishi used the restroom in my house, and forgot to flush. True story.
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Max Hayter wrote:Ken Motonishi used the restroom in my house, and forgot to flush. True story.
Maybe he did it on purpose.......just a thought. }:)
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Tom Denham

Post by Tom Denham »

Max Hayter wrote:Ken Motonishi used the restroom in my house, and forgot to flush. True story.
That ain't s@#t

I heard, Ken Motonishi climbs Mt everest every day just to pee on the peons.
I heard , Ken Motonishi is such a bad ass Chuck Norris won't even come to California.
I heard, Ken Motonishi, was offered a ride in the Space Shuttle and he just laughed. " I'll ride on the outside", he was heard to say.
Tom Denham

Post by Tom Denham »

Sounds like a new tradtion at House of HAYTER, i'll make sure to email everyone , ok!
David Crandon

Post by David Crandon »

Hey Arthur, that was totally cool of Ken, and of the other guys who helped you as well.

On another note, as a fellow diabetic, what the heck you eaten' a double double for?!

Dave Crandon
2003 Silverstone Silver S2000

(I'm in STR 'cause I have an air intake that adds 3hp)