Novice Coordinator

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Chuck Fowler
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 299

Novice Coordinator

Post by Chuck Fowler »

i mentioned this to Max on sunday and he didn't tell me it was bloody stupid, so i thought i'd throw it out here(slightly modified). the last couple events, (including last saturday's practice), i've noticed Leonard Cachola the new Novice Coordinator has been doing a lot of work with the newbies. he had quite a flock for the morning course walk and seems to be doing his best to follow up with them during the day :thumbup:
i would like to suggest that in the future, Event Masters consider that as his work assignment when appropriate (i.e. some novici to actually wrangle). it looked to me that they were glad to have a point of contact among the kaos

thanks
it's only paranoia if your wrong
Eric Clements
Solo Safety Steward
Club: No$
Car#: 30

Re: Novice Coordinator

Post by Eric Clements »

Yeah, Leonard did a great job with the novices.
Tom Tanquary
Solo Safety Steward
Club: PSCC
Car#: 705

Post by Tom Tanquary »

Yeah, I, too, noticed that Leonard was working a full time job this weekend. That has to be a plus for the overall club.

Also, speaking of going over and beyond, Ron Tsumura covered about half of the course as a worker on Sat. running about a quarter mile for every cone. There should be an award for that.
[youtubeShortLink][/youtubeShortLink]"Our intelligence grew faster than our wisdom.... "
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Tom Tanquary wrote:Yeah, I, too, noticed that Leonard was working a full time job this weekend. That has to be a plus for the overall club.

Also, speaking of going over and beyond, Ron Tsumura covered about half of the course as a worker on Sat. running about a quarter mile for every cone. There should be an award for that.
These are two wonderful individuals that have certainly brought a lot to our region since their arrival. Leonard has "owned" the job of novice coordinator since he took it over a few months ago. I know the newbys really appreciate the attention and kindness he shows towards them. And Ron is Ron, a gracious and generous individual who'd give you the shirt off his back if asked. It's people like this that make it so much fun to come to events. Thanks guys. :thumbup:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I was thinking we could charge Ron for the workout? We're getting him into good shape!

Who thought that a right wing wacko could be such a great guy???? Somebody let Ann Coulter know her dream man autocrosses with us! ;) ;)
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Ron told me that he just looks like he is running fast because he has little legs ;)
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Ron Tsumura
Club: GRA
Car#: 190

Post by Ron Tsumura »

These are two wonderful individuals that have certainly brought a lot to our region since their arrival. Leonard has "owned" the job of novice coordinator since he took it over a few months ago. I know the newbys really appreciate the attention and kindness he shows towards them. And Ron is Ron, a gracious and generous individual who'd give you the shirt off his back if asked. It's people like this that make it so much fun to come to events. Thanks guys. :thumbup:[/quote]

[quote="George Schilling"][quote="Tom Tanquary"]Yeah, I, too, noticed that Leonard was working a full time job this weekend. That has to be a plus for the overall club.

My first post on the new message board! Not sure if I am doing it right? Will find out soon enough I guess.

Thanks Steve for getting the tires for me and George for taking them for me! Can't list all the things you guys do for our sport. In fact, I can't list all the great people I have met over the past couple of years that do most of the heavy lifting.

Thank all you CSCC/San Diego guys and gals! :cry:
George Schilling
Club Representative

Hi Ron. If you want to quote something in a post, click on quote in the post and begin writing below once the box is displayed. You can also edit the quote. If you do not want a quote to appear, just click on reply at the begining or end of the thread.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
George Schilling
Club Representative

Ron Tsumura wrote:Thanks Steve for getting the tires for me and George for taking them for me!
Taking them. I thought they were a gift. I take back everything I said in that previous post.

NOT!

I love you man. Err, I don't mean love, I really like you man. :mrgreen:
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

I like how a thread originally started about me ends up being about Ron. Typical CalClub thread drift. :D

Thanks for the compliments, they're much appreciated. :thumbup:
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Curt Luther
Club: PSCC
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

Post by Curt Luther »

1. Leonard is the Mother Theresa of CalClub Solo. I'm not saying that all of the newbs are unwashed, pathetic lepers, but...yeah.
2. Ron T. is too good to be hanging out with the likes of us. I mentioned once that I wanted to drive an S2000. He has practically begged me to drive his car and I actually feel bad that I haven't had the chance. That, and at the SD Tour, he actually got out of his car and took off his helmet and gloves, right before he was going to run, so he could properly introduce himself to my daughter.

Class acts, the both of them.
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.