General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Custom Magnet need

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

All my nationals number options were taken so I need to either make up a whole new 98/198 or try to match my crazy custom Dr. Suess numbers by adding an 8.

I'd really like to match the other numbers and add an "8". Its Dr. Suess font and has a reflectorized silver with an orange outline.

I don't know if Jayson or Rick could do these, or if they'd want to for just two numbers. If they don't are can't, any other options for custom work?

The Dr. Suess font and colors work well with our whole kids theme of Wiggle Way Racing.

Here's Dr. Suess font:

Here's the car and numbers side view from Makofoto:
http://public.fotki.com/makofoto/2010-a ... -0066.html
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: Custom Magnet need

Post by Rick Brown »

I have orange and magnetic material, but no silver, just chrome. Cutting is no big deal. Be happy to do it if we can get some of the silver.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Rick Brown wrote:I have orange and magnetic material, but no silver, just chrome. Cutting is no big deal. Be happy to do it if we can get some of the silver.
Would you need silver vinyl (which I have plenty of) or magnet (which I have none of, but make by overlaying silver vinyl on white magnet).

Let me know ASAP, I have a 'South O.C.' business loop this evening and can drop it off to you (Rick).

Jay W
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:I have orange and magnetic material, but no silver, just chrome. Cutting is no big deal. Be happy to do it if we can get some of the silver.
Would you need silver vinyl (which I have plenty of) or magnet (which I have none of, but make by overlaying silver vinyl on white magnet).

Let me know ASAP, I have a 'South O.C.' business loop this evening and can drop it off to you (Rick).

Jay W
I have no idea what kind of silver Steve has. Not sure what "reflectorized" silver is. Need to see the numbers up close. Is it silver on top of orange on top of the magnet? Or an Orange border on top of the silver?

I can do them on Saturday of the practice since my office is near by and then can compare to the existing numbers. Or if you have everything Jay, you can do it if you want. Doesn't matter either way to me.
Greg Peng
Car#: 908

Post by Greg Peng »

Rick Brown wrote:Not sure what "reflectorized" silver is.
Reflects light like car and safety reflectors.

Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

If I remember right Steve's 'reflectorized' actually bounces more light than the slightly metallic silver I have, but it would be a lot closer than chrome.

Either way, it's wishful thinking the new digit would match identically, but either of us can get fairly close.

Up to you Steve, I'll give Rick some silver vinyl if you want him to cut. Otherwise I'm capable too. (should be <$20 for two custom "8"'s)

Jay W
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Actually I just realized I have some reflective vinyl. It's printable material, looks white but then looks kinda silver from certain angles.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:If I remember right Steve's 'reflectorized' actually bounces more light than the slightly metallic silver I have, but it would be a lot closer than chrome.

Either way, it's wishful thinking the new digit would match identically, but either of us can get fairly close.

Up to you Steve, I'll give Rick some silver vinyl if you want him to cut. Otherwise I'm capable too. (should be <$20 for two custom "8"'s)

Jay W

Thinking more about it, I'm not sure its really reflectorized, just metallic. The full set of numbers I have aren't identical as they were made by Gunnar in different batches over the years. So, identical isn't important at all, as long as its a reasonable match to the others such that the number nazi's won't complain (love you Mari). ;) I'm about to unload the car now, so in a hour or two I can report what the construction is. I could mail you down a number to base off of our just a larger picture next to a ruler might help.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Greg Peng wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:Not sure what "reflectorized" silver is.
Reflects light like car and safety reflectors.

That's a cool pic!
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Interesting.... I just blew the pic up and noticed that the 9 and the ST in the pic don't reflect much at all. And it seems like its the orange thats really reflecting. Interesting. But obviously not very important given my existing mismatches. In daylight they look the same.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Earl Merz
Club: No$
Car#: 40

Post by Earl Merz »

The silver Steve got from Gunnar matches the stock graphics from the factory 86 GLHS decals. I have no idea where Gunnar got it. But he did special order it when he did numbers and stickers for me. The sample I gave him came from a guy in Florida who does Shelby reproduction decals. Positive Impressions is the company. http://www.unleashedbyshelby.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE with Nav (need it to find my way around the course)
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

As long as you are at the practice on the 13th, I can take a number over to the shop to copy and make them up.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Rick Brown wrote:As long as you are at the practice on the 13th, I can take a number over to the shop to copy and make them up.

Cool! Will and I will be there on the 13th sharing a practice entry breaking in the new motor and also running the kidlets.

I'm thinking the numbers are orange. Then Gunnar cut a slightly smaller silver number and laid it over the orange.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600