Pro Finale Entry Issue

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Steve Towers
Club: No$
Car#: 87

Pro Finale Entry Issue

Post by Steve Towers »

Just so folks know, for now and in the future - those (like me) who had only 1 Pro Solo prior to the finale were not able to register until today (Aug 5). Turns out when we registered we were put on a waiting list with no way to know where we stand or our chances of getting in. :(

The moral of the story, for next year and beyond, do at least 2 Pros before the finale so you can register earlier.
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Re: Pro Finale Entry Issue

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Yep. The Finale seems to fill up. Last year it hit the limit and I've read some people on the waiting list showed up hoping to get in, only to be denied.

Packwood is gorgeous, and there's rumor that the San Francisco people may have a line on a new venue as well. I'd love to see them get back in at Atwater, though that seems unlikely.

Mike
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Steve Towers wrote:The moral of the story, for next year and beyond, do at least 2 Pros before the finale so you can register earlier.
Or register as soon as registration opens up. I tried to register at 11:00 PM last night, one hour after it opened up to one event people and was wait listed. I know I'm high on the wait list. If I had gotten in right at 10:00, I'd be in.

Right now there's 20 plus on the list.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Christine Newcomer

Post by Christine Newcomer »

The email I received about when to sign up did not give a time to register, only the date..
I tried to see if it was PCT or what... It's clear it was not.
The Pro Solo was the event I really truely wanted to attend...
I'm soo Bummed!
07' Cayman S
aka (CSROCKT)
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Its easy.... Just make TWO trips to Lincoln each year!

:roll:
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Christine Newcomer wrote:The email I received about when to sign up did not give a time to register, only the date..
I tried to see if it was PCT or what... It's clear it was not.
The Pro Solo was the event I really truely wanted to attend...
I'm soo Bummed!

I don't see any consistency. Apparently, this one opened up at Midnight central time??? For the two eventers last week, I tried 9pm, 10pm, 11pm, midnight (all Pacific time). Even 1:30am. Didn't work til morning.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Justin Tsang
Car#: 88

Post by Justin Tsang »

Mike Simanyi wrote:Yep. The Finale seems to fill up. Last year it hit the limit and I've read some people on the waiting list showed up hoping to get in, only to be denied.

Packwood is gorgeous, and there's rumor that the San Francisco people may have a line on a new venue as well. I'd love to see them get back in at Atwater, though that seems unlikely.

Mike
I would kill to see a tour/pro back in SFR
FSP 88 Mazda 3
STX 88 v1 Mazdaspeed 3, v2 E36, v3 BRZ, v4 WRX?
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Steve, Christina, what some folks do to get in two Pro Solos: https://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A% ... 22414&cb=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Hmmm , I guess Karen's blog isn't finished. Anyway she drove from Baltimore to Packwood and back, 6,000 miles to qualify for the Pro Finales
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Karen chose to go to Packwood, she had closer options. We had Packwood, Colorado, and Lincoln as the closest second event. Packwood is nice, I've done a Pro and Tour there... But its the same length tow to Lincoln. If your focus is nationals you take that opp to run a double event on the nationals concrete. If your focus is easy points, you go to Packwood or Colorado.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Ken Motonishi
Club: GRA
Car#: 491

Post by Ken Motonishi »

It's a real bummer for those that didn't get in. It's also real tough to do 2 Pros when the second one is over 1000 miles away. Something just ain't right here. There's 36 million people in California and we can't find a way to get 2 Pros then we have a problem right there..
Just my opinion of course. Driving to Lincoln twice a year is pretty nutty if you ask me. It's just harldy feasible for the average person. What about Las Vegas Nellis AFB??
Dood, are you gonna eat that?
Justin Tsang
Car#: 88

Post by Justin Tsang »

Looks like there is a decent auto-x site in Reno as well.
FSP 88 Mazda 3
STX 88 v1 Mazdaspeed 3, v2 E36, v3 BRZ, v4 WRX?
Reijo Silvennoinen
Car#: 60

Post by Reijo Silvennoinen »

yeah......I did not even bother to try this year - for reasons stated above. So no pros at all. Funny thing, I"d prefer to run pros....

oh well.....that also means I save time/money - might as well look on the bright side. :)

R
Reijo
BS - CASOC
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." - Earl Weaver
http://www.RASEInc.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;